Barometric Selector Knob

I've noticed that the barometric selector knob seems to "act" in the opposite direction from the FCU knobs (speed, heading, etc.).  Is this intended?

What I mean is - I have my mouse wheel set to reverse scrolling direction (like scrolling on a Mac - turning the wheel towards you scrolls up).  So, in that sense if I turn my mouse wheel toward me (being right handed, you see it moving clockwise assuming the mouse is pointed forward) the FCU knobs will turn to the right (clockwise) and the indicated values will increase.  I'm basically turning the mouse wheel in the same direction I would be turning the knobs if I were in the actual plane.  However, the same mouse scrolling action over the barometric selector moves that knob to the left (counter/anti-clockwise) with a decreasing barometric setting indication.

It's not really a problem as I've begun to train myself to expect that behavior, but it just strikes me as odd.  Is this a bug or just another instance of "Airbus logic"?  Thanks!

Hi there,

I'll have to check how the various knobs behave when I get home later as I've never really thought about it, but all I can say is that with a scroll wheel that works in the 'conventional' sense I hadn't noticed anything different or counter-intuitive about the direction the baro setting knob scrolls vs the FCU...

Archived