Suggestion for AES

kitte

I searched the forum but couldn't find if this one has been asked before.

I do most of my flying on Vatsim and sometimes find it a bit difficult to find the correct taxiways, although I always use charts. Would it somehow be possible to control the taxiways the follow-me car uses? Say that I land at EDDM on RWY 26L, tower clears me to entry S7 where I hold and get instructions from Apron to taxi to gate 250 via X and Y, so I hit ctrl+shift+W and request the follow-me car and in a dialogue box enter eg [s7 W2 D3 02 250 ]. The follow-me car pops up at entry S7, and guides me using my proposed taxiway clearing me of all usual embarrassing mishaps...

And another thing, can it be made possible to stop your pushback momentarily. At some stands at some airports I've noticed that you can be pushed back very far, and when you have other traffic on the taxiway (again on Vatsim) you can run out of space!

Anyway, just a thought.

Finally, a marvellous utility this AES! :) My initial tought was wasted money but boy has this one grown on me. Incrementally parting with the cash for enabling new airports doesn't make the cost that visible too! :)

/Krister

EFMA

• Developer
And another thing, can it be made possible to stop your pushback momentarily. At some stands at some airports I've noticed that you can be pushed back very far, and when you have other traffic on the taxiway (again on Vatsim) you can run out of space!

Set the parkingbrake, then the pushback pause until you release it.

The rest ist not possible at the moment. Taxiway Name can be changed and the calculation is very complex on runtime. Maybe sometimes it will be possible by an external tool (usable via Network).

brgds

Oliver Pabst

[set the parkingbrake, then the pushback pause until you release it.

hmm..thought I tried that since that is the obvious thing to do. New try! :)

Thanks for your answer!

/Krister