Cessnas?

Cubby

It would be great if some payware company would make a really nice and detailed Cessna 180, 185, or 207. These are all planes that do not have models for FS9 or FSX and are very well used bush planes here in Alaska. Just thought maybe Aerosoft might think about making one. Thanks guys for the great planes

Gotta agree with you on that! Carenado's C206 is popular, but still doesn't quite achieve what Aerosoft's done in the Beaver for float enthusiasts.

Cheers

Larry

The 185 is the spiritual predecessor to the 206 and I've only ever found one freeware one for FS which, no disrespect intended to the author, I never got on with at all. A decent 185 Skywagon would definately not go amiss and would definately fit in with Aerosoft's target market of classic aircraft that are still in use today (and yes, that means they're regularly fitted with Bendix King radio stacks and GPS units... ;))

Ian P.

I'll go along with the 180/185 in taildragger and float plane configurations.

I'm not sure Aerosoft would go and do the 336/337 Skymaster as FSD-International just released the FSX version of the 337D & 337H as well as the O-2A military version. Obviously I have both and they fly as well as can be expected on my modest FSX setups.

As much as I have issues with FSD, I really like their Skymasters. I just installed both the C337 and O2 to FSX along with their Navajo packages and they work well.

Caravans are interesting. There are other payware C208s available - one doesn't have an amphib version, one does but isn't that realistic panel wise (it's designed to have everything on the screen at once, so you don't have to use subpanels). I still think a 185 is a serious option, though. The things are on skis, floats, amphibious floats, tundra tyres, come with every combination of avionics known to aviationkind...

Should be just up Aerosoft's street to fit between the Cub and the Beaver. ;)

Cheers,

Ian P.

• 1 month later...

Yep, here in Alaska the 185 is one of the most popular, and would fit in with the bush aircraft theme going with the beaver and cub.