P3d v3.4 MCDU freezes after resetting or loading new flight

marceling

After resetting the flight  or choosing a new flight in P3D v3.4 the A320 left MCDU freezes. The flight continues, but non of the buttons on the MCDU ara working. See attached screenshot. Stopping and restarting P3D and choosing the same flight, from the startup screen works fine.

Please login to display this image.

A lot of work. I completely installed evrything and made a fresh install of p3d v3.4 and Aerosoft A320. I ran both installers as administrator. The problem still exists. After a reset of the flight or loading a flight i still get the A0-0, engine unknown error!

I have a similar problem. On first loading my default Eazyjet A320 the lefthand mcdu operates without any problems. If I change the vehicle(aircraft) to another airline/aircraft version, the

MCDU freezes and is unusable. The same happens if I attempt to load a saved scenario. I find it very frustrating in not being able to use a saved scenario or to change the airline

as the software intended. I have windows 10 64 bit and the latest updated versions of P3D and Aerosoft. I also have re-installed the A320 software and used the administrator function.

I am now restricted to using Ezyjet when flying any MCDU routings. I rebooted the PC and reloaded the P3D/A320 with the default Eazyjet airlline and was able to change the lefthand MCDU, During this operation I changed the airline to BA and the MCDU froze. I changed back to the default Eazyjet and the lefthand MCDU remained frozen.There are no error messages being shown to assist in identifying the problem as to why the lefthand MCDU keys failed to function as expected except for 'unknown' appearing in the MCDU which was not there previously!

15 hours ago, airnova said:

I have a similar problem. On first loading my default Eazyjet A320 the lefthand mcdu operates without any problems. If I change the vehicle(aircraft) to another airline/aircraft version, the

MCDU freezes and is unusable. The same happens if I attempt to load a saved scenario. I find it very frustrating in not being able to use a saved scenario or to change the airline

as the software intended. I have windows 10 64 bit and the latest updated versions of P3D and Aerosoft. I also have re-installed the A320 software and used the administrator function.

I am now restricted to using Ezyjet when flying any MCDU routings. I rebooted the PC and reloaded the P3D/A320 with the default Eazyjet airlline and was able to change the lefthand MCDU, During this operation I changed the airline to BA and the MCDU froze. I changed back to the default Eazyjet and the lefthand MCDU remained frozen.There are no error messages being shown to assist in identifying the problem as to why the lefthand MCDU keys failed to function as expected except for 'unknown' appearing in the MCDU which was not there previously!

work around this problem:-

The left hand MCDU only worked with the default aircraft on first loading. If I want to use another aircraft I have to make it the default aircraft and reload the P3D.

Not the final solution but it allows me to select any of the aerosoft aircraft but entails a little more work/time.

Hi!

In which state is the airplane when changing? I mean, could be just because the state you left the airplane. Try once changed going to the right hand MCDU and load an state depending the one you need on that moment. Could work. And if not, try to switch of everything and switch everything again.

I guess you solve it, in a way or in another

Regards :)

Asier Campà (LEPP)

I tried it in different states. Resetting the flight freezes the left mcdu. Also when I save a flight in different stades ( after TO clearance, in mid air, before descent...) I can start from that point if I start and open P3D's  intro screen and load the flight from there. If I open another flight first (the default flight) and the via the menu item File/open choose the same scenario, the left mcdu is not properly loaded and frozen.

• 1 month later...
On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:27 AM, marceling said:

I tried it in different states. Resetting the flight freezes the left mcdu. Also when I save a flight in different stades ( after TO clearance, in mid air, before descent...) I can start from that point if I start and open P3D's  intro screen and load the flight from there. If I open another flight first (the default flight) and the via the menu item File/open choose the same scenario, the left mcdu is not properly loaded and frozen.

Thank you very much, using this "SOLUTION" is working for me.

I am really disappointed with the Aerosoft rep in this thread that made a user reinstall his OS and everything when clearly the fault is the interaction between the Aerosoft product And P3D v3.4

And just to offer a few more steps (because no offense but it took me a few reads to get what you are saying), here is the solution.

If you have saved a scenario in P3D with any of the Aerosoft airbuses, if, from within the game, you use Load scenario your Left MCDU will stop working, FOREVER!!

The solution to this is from the LOADING screen, (that's the screen that starts BEFORE you're at the gate / on runway) load your scenario from there using the Load button on that window/screen (bottom left) - your MCDU will now work.

To use any of the Airbusses in P3D 3.4 you have to choose it from the loading screen and then save it as your default scenario, it will now start with a working MCDU.

Update: Was able to choose another Airbus at the Loading screen and the MCDU worked. Same problem as before, just an update that makes it easier than saving default scenarios all the time.

Archived