Universal AES light for all airports

GLFlieger

Hi Oliver and aerosoft team,

thank you for the AES 1.40 and the further enhancement of the utility. The adding of the catering service is a nice touch to the great utility.

As I understand it, airstairs and more service vehicles are to be added in a next step, I very much look forward to it.

Now, if the life in the "service box" around the aircraft is being enhanced, how about releasing a "Universal AES" for xxx credidts, that enables the ground vehicles on any airport. I am thinking of those activities around the AC, that are done basicly inside the box and do not need further knowledge of the airport like airstairs, baggage belts, catering, fuel trucks etc. With some options (which airstairs are used etc.) I think this could be implemented pretty well.

When AES came out, some people suggested an AES editor to modify the airports oneself, but this seems to be a rather complicated idea, and the modification of the docking / fingers can probably not be done at all without the code of the original airport. But to be able to use the upcoming service vehicles as an "Universal AES light" would be great for me and greatly enhance my ground experience.

Let's face it, even if Oliver (who is updating AES remarkably fast) would work his finger off, he would never be able to get a near worldwide coverage of AES, so any possibility to use it on a universal basis would be appreciated.

My two cents,

Torsten

But one of the problems would be that since Oliver defines what paths the vehicles take to get to the aircraft, a Universal light version wouldn't know where buildings and other structures are. So in the end you'd have service vehicles driving through buildings.

• Verified Developer

Ok,

nice idea, but not easy to realise.

1)First problem is, that only the servicecars near around the aircraft can be simulated, no jetways, no followme, and only a limited pushback.

2) The use must give infos via menu, which stair should come, because, when a jetway is there, it makes no sence to drive a stair to door 1.

3) And thats the biggest problem over all: To activate this feature, I need a BGL which is aktive at every location of the world. There is only one way to do that: Area Type E. The problem is, that only one such area is allowed at the same time. In some sceneries, this Area feature is used, so in this zones, AES will generate problems, when I use this type of Area over the howl world.

I keep the idea in my head and maybe I find a solution sometimes. But first, I will add the service vehicles to the normal version.

brgds

Oliver Pabst

Oliver, thanks for your fast reply.

1)First problem is' date=' that only the servicecars near around the aircraft can be simulated, no jetways, no followme, and only a limited pushback.

[/quote']

That's exactly why I called it a "light" version. In my opinion it is still a big enhancement. If the service vehicles are concentrated around the aircraft, there should not be too many collisions with other objects. And, BTW, it would still remain attractive to activate the fully simulated airports.