What software does Aerosoft use to create their aiplanes

sinebar

3D Studion Max V8 is the latest AFAIK. Costs a fortune mind. Besides - it depends on who's doing the developing for Aerosoft. DA, for instance, use both 3DS Max and GMax for different planes.

Not sure what they used on the Beaver though.

Anyway... one of the Aerosoft guys will be along soon.

I believe Gmax and 3DSMax (up to version 9 now). If your models can't be imported into Gmax, then start your projects in Gmax, it's free, so you are only losing out on time.

You might also check for plugin support for CATIA/Gmax to help with different formats for importing/exporting, but you can lose features/animations/UVMapping, etc going this route.

• Aerosoft
Do they use Gmax, FSDS or what? I use CATIA at work but I can't get my CATIA models into Gmax.

Basically there is no other serious option then 3ds Max for FSX, the actual version is not so important, GMAX can still be used but it has some limitations. All our internal work is based on 3dsMax and Photoshop thse days.