Manhattan - The Day After Tomorrow.

mulletman

Hey all.

This is an old problem I have had, that was never fixed.

http://forum.aerosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=...light=mulletman

I was wondering if there is any news, and either weather this has been/could be fixed or another problem I realised late last night could.

On uninstalling Manhattan, I assumed everything would return to default, but unfortunately everything is still flooded.

As this completely spoils the realism effect (and is the last thing you would want to see after a 7 hour flight form Europe) it has stopped me flying to New York, which is a terrible shame.

Hope you can find a solution, and I’m more than willing to play guinea pig.

Peace and Love,

Fred 'mulletman' Clark.

thanks, theres no rush, I BETA test for UK2000 so spend most of my time flying in the UK. it would just be nice to get this sorted, as i do love flying in the USA. :D

Hello Fred,

Regarding the flooding were the backup files of New York city replaced back into the scenery folder, you may want to check and replace them manually.

Check your *:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9SceneryCitiesNewyork folder.

Regarding the flooding were the backup files of New York city replaced back into the scenery folder, you may want to check and replace them manually.

I checked. In the Newyork/'Scenery' folder I have imgmanhattan.bgl and newyorkairportll.bgl and in the scenery folder I have 1575 texture files (which for obvious reasons I wont list :roll: ) and a folder named 'Backup_Texture' which contains 168 texture files. Shall I copy and past the files within the Backup_Texture folder into the main texture folder?

• 2 weeks later...

no help im afraid. Uninstalling returns the files in the folder to where it should be, and doing it manually has no affect.

Manhattan still needs a towel. :cry:

Oh, and sorry for the slow responce on this one.

no help im afraid. Uninstalling returns the files in the folder to where it should be, and doing it manually has no affect.

Manhattan still needs a towel. :cry:

Oh, and sorry for the slow responce on this one.

This still might be a mesh issue - some mesh products for FS9 put bgl files in the worldscenery folder, hence manually deactivating the mesh won't do squat, as files in that folder are automatically active! Perhaps this could be the case here?

Also, some freeware sceneries are known to have bugs - I remember the free "bear mountain" scenery messing up Manhattan, because of some erroneous data (Bear Mountain is actually located in a galaxy far far away)

:shock:

• 2 weeks later...
This still might be a mesh issue - some mesh products for FS9 put bgl files in the worldscenery folder, hence manually deactivating the mesh won't do squat, as files in that folder are automatically active! Perhaps this could be the case here?

Good theory. What’s the default bgl(s) for the NYC area? I have a useful file list of all the locations of such files on the 4 FS9 CD's, and so can easily dig out the default without doing a full reinstall.

I tried disabling FS Global SE 2005 (Just Flight/Pilots) but it made no difference.

Also, some freeware sceneries are known to have bugs - I remember the free "bear mountain" scenery messing up Manhattan, because of some erroneous data (Bear Mountain is actually located in a galaxy far far away)

I know, i have seen this in FSX already. (or at least, I think I have). But it’s only since the install and uninstall of Manhattan that this problem has happened.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I just solved it. Major headache.

I think this may have been a problem created when the FS9 patch was released, which created some new files for the scenery and it all got a little messed up.

Anyway, I still have the flicker problem with a proper Manhattan install, but after digging out the original (version 9) texture files from the FS2004 Disk 3 I overwrote these (without uninstalling Manhattan) and all looks fine. No reported problems so far.

I now have Manhattan installed, but unchecked (so the default Manhattan displays). I am beginning to believe the problem with the flickering relates to AGP graphics cards. When I get my hands on a PCI-E test system I will let you know.

Thanks for the fast help on this one boys :roll:

I’m off to fly a long overdue flight into Newark. I have waited oh-so-long!

Hello mulletman,

I have asked about the flickering with Andras and he cannot seem to get the problem, He has asked me to send some screenshots but if you have some available then please post them here so I can show him the problem you are having.

I have asked about the flickering with Andras and he cannot seem to get the problem, He has asked me to send some screenshots but if you have some available then please post them here so I can show him the problem you are having.

Sure no problem. Will get them done by this evening. :)

Okay here goes.

Aircraft is irrelevant - this effect happens no matter what I’m in/what speed I’m going.

Captions

1- At Fly Tampa’s KBOS Scenery. Started here from create a flight screen.

2 - Moved to Manhattan. Looks fab. Doesn’t matter how I get there. Slew/fly/hit end flight and reload form the create screen.

3 - Doesn’t matter how I get back either. But KBOS ground image is now breaking up.

4 - Another example of an airport breaking up post Manhattan visit - LIMC.

I believe I mentioned in the original thread that OSS's Shoreham also had this effect. I only had their Shoreham installed, but the effect would be created by visiting any other airport that they had developed in the past. Hence for a while I thought Gary Summons’s UK2000 Gatwick was also a culprit.

Disabling ny-3d.bgl stops this happening, but makes NYC look like default.