FDC - Live Cockpit Menu Fails To Open

donovan_carr

G'day,

I have Live Cockpit installed for FSX. I was running dual monitors and everything was working fine - great product.

One of my monitors failed so I am back to a single monitor.

Now when I load Live Cockpit I get the initial splash screen and nothing more...in other words, no menu.

I tried reinstalling over the top but this did not fix it either.

I saw the thread about the ResponseDelay=0.25 and changed it to 0,25 and still no difference.

I have swapped ports on the video card but no difference.

I've updated video drivers but no difference

I noticed too that when I right-click on the FDC icon on my task bar that nothing happens (no options to close, maximise or minimise) and I have to use task manager to close it. Task Manager says it is running and there are no errors reported in my even manager.

It does detect when a new update is available and goes through the downloading process.

Any ideas?

All assistance is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

D

Hello D,

Are you using any software that places these programs on another screen or is there an initiate file that remembers programs positions and therefore its placing it now ina position that cannot be seen.

If there is is no program that places them on the second screen you might want to try un-installing FDC then remove any folders pertaining to it so its completely removed then try a totally fresh re-install.

I try to uninstall as suggested so I can do a fresh re-install.

I didn't want to as I imported all my old Radar Contact radio chatter which I renamed and all and had so much customised settings.

Now trying to uninstall I get an error...

"Catastrophic Failure".

I don't have any other issues with my PC, just this.

Now to see what I can do to fix it up.

Aaaaarrrrggggggghhhhhh!!!

:twisted:

D

It required me to delete the FDC folder.

Using REGEDT32 I removed all the entries.

Then going in to add/remove programs and dealing with windows telling me there's something wrong I finally got it removed.

yes, a fresh install worked.

new updates carried out and I have Flight Deck Companion working again.

I did save my ATC chatter which is a big relief.

Now to go back and redo all my custom settings.

What a pain.

D