Valid timezone names?

Hi to all,

It is  well known that the current version of PFPX shows the local STD and STA times above the UTC entries when planning a flight and it is well known also that these entries for the local time are wrong more often than not. However, there is the option to manually correct the timezone for each airport by editing the timezones.dat file. For some unknown reason the timezones in this file must be given with their full English names for example "Central Europe Standard Time" instead of a numerical adjustment like UTC+1 which would be way easier. What makes it even more difficult is the fact that PFPX seems to use its own name conventions which may differ from the official ones which for the above example  would be simply  "Central European Time" as far as I know.

Unfortunately both "Central European Time"  and its official abbreviation "CET" are ignored by PFPX. The same problem occurs with various other timezones all over the world. In addition to that all DST-adjustments are ignored as well, ie. neither  "Central European Summer Time" nor "CEST" for the above example work. So here's my obvious question: Where can I find the complete list of

timezone entries which are accepted by PFPX? Or is there some trick for manual timezone adjustment that I miss? Any help appreciated. 

Archived