NAV1/2 LVAR

npole

Hello everyone, does anyone know how to read the NAV1/NAV2 active and standby frequencies ? From the SDK there's no mention of it.. and the standard ones via SimConnect or FSUIPC doesn't work? ..they returns a wrong frequency.

Thanks!

Hi npole,

I have no experience with SimConnect or FSUIPC, so I don't know if this will be of any help to you.

I've been working on a HUD xml-gauge for some time now and it appears to me that (A:Nav Active Frequency:1, MHz) seems to give out the (auto-)tuned ILS/LOC freq whereas (A:Nav Active Frequency:2, MHz) seems to be the NAV 1 VOR freq.

I guess that the actual VOR2 freq is accessible via a local variable, e.g. the DME2.xml that comes with the buses reads the distance from VOR2 via (L:AB_RD_VOR2_DIST, number).

Hi, thank you. The issue is that i need to read the actual frequencies set on the middle panel, but more important I need to control them.

The Nav active freq gives (read only) the freq set in the CDU... but unfortunately this doesn't help much. :/

It looks that the whole center panel is missind from the SDK.. or I am looking at it wrong.

as far as I understand it, setting the NAV radios via the panel is not implemented. This is mentioned in the vol4-systems pdf file:

"...while Navigation radios are set on the MCDU system. The backup Radio navigation option on the RMP is not implemented."

I also came across some other local MCDU variables, but I guess they're read-only?

(L:MCDU_ILS1, number)  (L:MCDU_VOR1, number)   (L:MCDU_VOR2, number)   (L:MCDU_ADF1, number)   (L:MCDU_ADF2, number)

Archived