DHC-6 Twin Otter v9.70+ 3D

Create an account or sign in to download this
1233 Downloads
5 From 2 reviews
19.73 MB File Size

6 Screenshots

About This File

Aerosoft is pleased to offer you, in consult with Pedro from AeroPedro, their updated per March 20th DeHavilland DHC-6 Twin Otter.

According to Pedro ..... one of my favorites. I've always kept at least one up and running for my own use since early in v470.

As the name suggests it was at first conceived as a twin-engined replacement for the venerable DHC-3 Otter.

The Twin Otter is a 19-seat (passengers) STOL utility aircraft, mostly used for regional passenger and cargo transport, medevac flights or whatever else you can think of. The reliability of its two P&W Canada turboprops and its superb STOL qualities have it operating in the most remote areas; from Nunavut to Antarctica and from Iceland to Papua Niugini.

This started as a simple combination of my early v970 model with Syd Adams’ 3D model, originally from FlightGear.

Credits:

A big thank you to Syd Adams for allowing us to use the original 3D files from his work for FlightGear.

Also thank you to G.P. Lyons (gplv3) for the initial conversion of these files for use in X-Plane and his further enhancement and additions to the 3D objects.

Additional thanks go to Leen de Jager (flybike) AFNavarro (Antonio) and Bob 439 (Bob Maheu) for their great improvements to the normals and textures.

Update! - New 2Dv2.7 2D model with unchanged 3Dv2.3 3D model (as per 20 march 2015)

A further enhancement of the earlier combination of Syd Adams’ 3D model with my X-Plane model.

Unchanged 3D v2.3 model, this means Bob's recent paint kit and all previous repaints/liveries -labeled as 3D v2.3- by Antonio, Bob, Leen and others should still work on this model.

Reminder ...... earlier repaints/liveries (3Dv2.2 or earlier) are NOT fully compatible with the v2.3 3D objects.

New 2D v2.7 PlaneMaker files (all versions) have updated/repaired wings (aileron deflection settings with flaps) and cleaned up cockpit/instrument files.

The GNS430 is already installed and for xp v10.32+ you only need a few clicks in PM to enable the extended version. If you'd rather like to have the GNS530, you can use my 'DIY installation' files and guide.

You can download the 'base pack' from this site. This is a full install of the DHC-6 basic files, set up as a DHC-6-300 long nose version, on standard wheels with a plain white livery.

The 'expansion packs' / 'additions' are to be found in my DHC hangar. There you can get the parts (acf files) to 'build' all the other versions:

- the -100, -200 and -300 series

- the skydive mod and skis mod

- a full install for the DHC-6-400 model with a simple 'make believe' glass panel.

- a number of 'generic' liveries.

More information about Pedro's DHC6 can be found at the dedicated AeroPedro web page.

Have fun!

What's New in Version 2.3

Released

• See description.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use