Night DCT according to RAD

Hi, everyone.

I tried to find any topic regarding this on the forums without success.

I'm creating DCT routes for LKAA FIR, as there is Free route airspace implementation in progress. Some of the routes are DCT H24, but most of them are available during night time only.

The thing is - is there any -simple- way to define that the night DCTs are available only during certain times? I know it is possible to define restrictions, but that would have to be done for each DCT separately (afaik) and would be very time consuming.

I hope there is any solution for this, as I would be more than pleased to provide the final "product" to PFPX team to include it in future releases.

post-130112-0-58150900-1435821443_thumb.

Hi,

Currently there is no facility to accommodate time availability of Directs.

The next release contains an LKAA file for the 24hr availability.

With an expanding list of areas with limited FRA the directs implementation could do to be expanded.

Thank you for your answer, Stephen.

I belive the H24 DCTs would be nice for a start.

In LKAA, it is expected for the night DCTs to be slowly turned into H24 mode as these are evaluated regarding their impact on traffic.

Looking forward to next release ;)

Thank you for your answer, Stephen.

I belive the H24 DCTs would be nice for a start.

In LKAA, it is expected for the night DCTs to be slowly turned into H24 mode as these are evaluated regarding their impact on traffic.

Looking forward to next release ;)

You can create two routings (with and without DCT RAD) and choose one of them according to the time of a day.

You can create two routings (with and without DCT RAD) and choose one of them according to the time of a day.

If you are aware of the available direct routing indeed you could manually create separate flightplans. You could create separate directs files for time of day but it's not as clean an implementation requiring a user to swap in/out the files as required.

By creating direct files the process can be automated, identifying and assigning the permitted routes based on time and level availability.

With an increasing 'Borealis' Free Route Airspace program across the whole of North Europe PFPX needs to accommodate the changing airspace.

Archived