Mega Heathrow Extended Issue

Ray757

Hi all, newbie to forum here,

I purchased Mega Airport Heathrow Exteneded back when in first was released, and have no issue with it in FSX,

Later I downloaded the FS9 when it became available.

When starting a flight at EGLL it all loads well, sitting in any aircraft at a runway hold position all seem well.

But, when I swing my view around to see any terminal buildings FS9 crashes and restarts. Many attempts later I uninstalled IT.

After doing a clean Windows 7 install last week I am reinstalling FSX & FS9, I still like the simplicity of FS9 and it works great for the

better part on the newer systems. And I use them for different purposes. FS9 for much of my IFR, and MAIW packages. FSX for VFR

and some IFR. So I support software manufacturers of both sims.

Anyway... lol.

With the clean reinstall, I'm still getting that FS9 crash and restart at Mega Airport Heathrow Exteneded.

What is in my FS9 at this moment if it is any help, AFS-Design scenery with REX FS2004 sky,cloud and water textures.

I am very much hoping to get this problem resolved if possible.

Regards, from very near CYYZ,

• Aerosoft

Hey,

could you copy and paste the error message when the error appears again? If there is no detailed message please go to "eventvwr.exe" and look for the faulty module there.

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

No message with any detail. I checked with the "eventvwr.exe" and got the following:

"Faulty application name: fs9.exe, version 9.1.0.40901" Some time stamp. And "Faulty module name: FE.DLL" with same fs9 version and time stamp. And "Exception code: 0xc000005.

There is more detail in the Details section of the viewer.

Ray

I researched the fe.dll crash problem and found it's caused by an aircraft texture, ( I do have plenty of hand placed AI ) or scenery texture.

Did an experiment with Heathrow extended uninstalled and default scenery Afcad file in place to show lots of AI and had no CTD.

Ray

Did another test this evening. Mega Airport Heathrow Exteneded without any AI aircraft works fine. Add the AI back in, CTD. Has to be an AI texture issue, most likely BAW. Now the fun of figuring out which AI texture. :eyepop_s:

Did another test this evening. Mega Airport Heathrow Exteneded without any AI aircraft works fine. Add the AI back in, CTD. Has to be an AI texture issue, most likely BAW. Now the fun of figuring out which AI texture. :eyepop_s:

Problem solved. It was an AI texture in the BAW fleet. Thank you Jonas for getting me in the right direction by way of "eventvwr.exe". :excellenttext_s:

Thanks Jonas,

Hi Anders,

I was using FS9 32bit aircraft textures by Jon Hanf at Juergen's paint hanger. But not using the 32bit lightmap, as I opted for the DXT lightmap. Most 32bit lightmaps look to bright for my personal taste. But there are other 32bit lightmaps that look fine to me, depends who is making them and how bright they make them.

I read on the net that using 32bit and a DXT texture in the same aircraft folder in some cases can cause this module FE.DLL CTD. Something to do with alpha channels, a little out of my knowledge range at the moment.

So I swapped out my BAW fleet of 32bit texture for all DXT textures, still using Jon Hanf's great paint. A good way to figure out what airline textures is causing the issue. Have your Heathrow installed and then remove ONE each at a time and backup to a safe folder, each compiled airline traffic .bgl file that has aircraft flying into EGLL. Start your FS9 at Heathrow and have a look. Do this for each airline, again, one at a time. If not BAW or BAW Regional, I would try Virgin next, etc. No CTD, than you have it. Once you have found the airline in question, you can check through all that airlines individual models and texture to find the problem. Or take the easy way, as I did and change all that fleet's textures.

As per usual in all cases backup what you are changing. I've had to learn that lession the hardway many times.

Not sure how much of all these items you know already, I am by no means an expert but, have been simming and hand placing my AI for many many years.

Hope this helps you... cheers!

Thanks Jonas,

Hi Anders,

I was using FS9 32bit aircraft textures by Jon Hanf at Juergen's paint hanger. But not using the 32bit lightmap, as I opted for the DXT lightmap. Most 32bit lightmaps look to bright for my personal taste. But there are other 32bit lightmaps that look fine to me, depends who is making them and how bright they make them.

I read on the net that using 32bit and a DXT texture in the same aircraft folder in some cases can cause this module FE.DLL CTD. Something to do with alpha channels, a little out of my knowledge range at the moment.

So I swapped out my BAW fleet of 32bit texture for all DXT textures, still using Jon Hanf's great paint. A good way to figure out what airline textures is causing the issue. Have your Heathrow installed and then remove ONE each at a time and backup to a safe folder, each compiled airline traffic .bgl file that has aircraft flying into EGLL. Start your FS9 at Heathrow and have a look. Do this for each airline, again, one at a time. If not BAW or BAW Regional, I would try Virgin next, etc. No CTD, than you have it. Once you have found the airline in question, you can check through all that airlines individual models and texture to find the problem. Or take the easy way, as I did and change all that fleet's textures.

As per usual in all cases backup what you are changing. I've had to learn that lession the hardway many times.

Not sure how much of all these items you know already, I am by no means an expert but, have been simming and hand placing my AI for many many years.

Hope this helps you... cheers!

What airline was causing our crash? I´ve almost completed EGLL and I´ve still haven´t found that specific one... :(

• 2 weeks later...

He said BAW.

Jonas

First of all, you don´t need to be rude, Jonas. It was just a simple question.

Well, I´ve checked every single airline and aircraft at Heathrow and I still can´t find that specific plane. Therefore my question to Ray757...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived