Wide Screen Support

simMechanic

Does anyone have an any information on how to modify the panel.cfg files to support wide screens?

When I press "A" tot cycle through the interior cabin views on a 3 screen setup I get the flashing cursor problem. It's due to the fact that a window is being opened that is not the correct size. My problem is I can't figure out which window is being opened. I think it might be "Main Panel" but I am not sure.

This is a huge problem for my current FS setup and I would love to be able to cycle the views without getting the flashing cursor of death.

Thanks in advanced.

So I found a temp work around. If you go to the FMC2 in the settings you can turn off the VC bar and the wing view bar, doing that limits the number of items that cause the flashing cursor. Be careful not to go into the debug view, that still opens a window that causes the dreaded flashing cursor.

Absolutely brilliant!

I had the custom views set to off because I use EZDOK but I had the co-pilot bar to prompt the hot keys. Now that I have turned that off too it looks like it's fixed.

Fingers crossed!

JJ

Hello simMechanic! I tried to follow the steps of your workaround but I did not understand. Could you please be so kind to tell me the steps I have to follow? Which menus and where I have to follow. That would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...

I have a follow up to this too. If you go into the panel.cfg file within the panel fold of the type of airbus you are trying to use, you can comment out the window declarations.

IN the first line you will see: Window00 = Main Panel

Add // Window00 = Main Panel

I comment them all out except for the 2D FMGC and this sorta fixes the problem. Doing this though, causes the panel to now load really really slowly and has made my system slightly less stable. YMMV.

Does anyone have an any information on how to modify the panel.cfg files to support wide screens?

When I press "A" tot cycle through the interior cabin views on a 3 screen setup I get the flashing cursor problem. It's due to the fact that a window is being opened that is not the correct size. My problem is I can't figure out which window is being opened. I think it might be "Main Panel" but I am not sure.

This is a huge problem for my current FS setup and I would love to be able to cycle the views without getting the flashing cursor of death.

Thanks in advanced.

Camera settings for wide displays (16:9)

Archived