I Can't Fold Blades on Seahawk & Jayhawk for FSX

scubeesnax

Hi,

I just bought your Seahawk & Jayhawk for FSX. I've carefully followed instructions but I can't fold the blades.

I can switch the MASTER switch to ON but when I switch the BLADE to FOLD, the screen goes black. Then I can see the helicopter with a large green box around the blades, then the green box disappears. There is no animation. The pop-up box with the master switch and blade fold switch also disappears. I have to start over and re-attempt everything from scratch.

After many, many tries, it is always the same problem.

What is wrong? Will you please help? Thank you.

Eric Kasum

USA

Hi James,

Thank you for your quick answer. I've searched within this forum and not been able to find the answers to which you refer. Would you please consider pasting a link? Or a more detailed search instructions. Perhaps I am searching for this information incorrectly.

Shaun Fletcher asked if I was attempting to fold the blades from inside the VC. Yes, I am using fold blades inside theVC. (I've checked to confirm this bylooking at the VIEW pull-down menu). Iuse shift 4 to get the pop-up panel, switch the master battery on, and pull thefold blades switch down. The screen goesblack. The pop-up box with the masterswitch and blade fold switch disappears, and I have to start over andre-attempt everything from scratch. Thereis no animation. I wonder what is wrong?

Once again, thanks for your help.

Eric

Hi Eric,

If you do a search on the Seahawk/Jayhawk this has been answered more than once...

Hi James,

I have done exactly this: Rotor and Pylon fold are Main Bty on, Blade fold Master on then Blade fold from off to on. Go to external view and you will see the blades and pylon fold. Go back into VC and turn Blade fold Master off and Main Bty off

If this is correct, how come it isn't working? I get a black screen and then the main batter pop-up box disappears and resets to main battery off, etc.

Once again, Thank you!

Eric

Hi Eric,

If you do a search on the Seahawk/Jayhawk this has been answered more than once...

Hi James and Shaun,

I searched the Seahawk forum and found these instructions. I followed them exactly. I made sure engines completely shut down and rotors stopped. Still the exact same problem... even after restarting my computer and starting over from scratch...

Eric

Instructions: Re: 2. Ensure engine(s) are switched off and rotor blades stopped spinning. From within the VC hit your A key 3 times (Centre Consol) and then pan down until your Blade fold Switches are in view. Turn on MASTER and you should have lit up 5 lights (in a T shape). Now flick on the Blade fold Switch. If you now go to External View the Pylon and blades should be folded. Now (but this does not work on my system, but, the manual states) switch OFF the Blade fold Switch, mine goes back to Spread, if yours does the same then leave it on fold. Turn Off the Master Switch then press SHift + 6 and turn off the BATT switch.

Depending on how quick you are you can go to external view and watch the blades then Pylon fold.

Hi Eric,

Hi Eric,

As Mathijs say's, do you have AA active?

I wrote those Instructions quite a while ago, been busy on other things so will get my Heli out of mothballs and see what I get. Will get back to you later on today.

Hi Eric,

Thought I would revamp this one in Pictures biggrin.gif

post-12981-0-33184200-1305720306_thumb.j post-12981-0-00771000-1305720327_thumb.j post-12981-0-00352100-1305720350_thumb.j

post-12981-0-82603000-1305720363_thumb.j post-12981-0-32353600-1305720381_thumb.j

Experiment all you like but I find no issues doing it this way whereas, if you were to try and turn off the switch for Spread/Fold it doesn't go to OFF but Spread and hey, it spreads!! You figure! Likewise, if you use Shift+4 and after turning Master ON then hitting the fold/spread switch the panel closes and nothing happens. Don't know why but, my method works so I use my method.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I am having the same problem. How does one activate advanced animations in FSX? First time I ever heard of that.

Anyway, the short story for me, also on Win7x64 FSXA, is that the 2D panel does not work correctly. If I use the VC and scroll down to view the fold controls in the console, and turn on the Master there, then click on Fold, they fold! If I later click on Spread, they spread again. So the whole issue seems to be that one should NOT try to use the 2D panel to control them. They work fine from the VC panel. :) Apparently I must have those advanced animations on, but I still have no idea how to turn them on or off.