Sometimes not following LNAV

GaryMcCl

Hi

Normally things go well for me just after takeoff when I tell the aircraft to go straight into following it's flight path (see in the screenshot). However, on some flights it simply doesn't want to fly that path. The screen show what waypoint is next (in white), and the MCDU agrees with that, but for some reason, the aircraft doesn't follow the flightpath at all. I can't explain it. The case in question on this path, as you can see is that I have told it (when setting up the plan) to go to RIBEL. Generally, it works no problem, but sometimes it just completely ignores what the MCDU is telling it.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks, Gaz

Please login to display this image.

Just another note, I am constantly being told to climb to cruise level  at the top of the screen , despite the fact that I am at the cruise level no problem. It's like the aircraft can't see that.  Unlike in that screenshot, my Barom is set to Std.

I am flummoxed! 

Gaz

Archived