A320 CDF on Steam won't connect

HamTake

A week ago I sent a ticket (Request #214345) in hopes to get help with the Connected Flight Deck but was instead told that CFD is in beta and not officially supported yet. Following another post here was the reason why I connected support at all.

My partner and I have attempted connection port forwarding, hamachi, and disabling all firewalls to no success. After going through the manual and the pinned posts here we've had no luck at all. In all cases we're able to ping each other, but the CFD provides no feedback, not even a "connection error" indication. I has only ever shown us "Not connected". 

New friends in the community we've made since we started playing FSX have also failed to help us get connected.

We bought the Airbus for the sole reason of doing shared cockpit! For us to each drop $50 for it on Steam and still not have done a single flight with it after a month has been a huge disappointment.

Okay, here is what I'd like you to do.

Please write back to support via a support ticket (the same one if you're able, otherwise a new one).  You'll both have to do this separately.

Make sure you cite this thread and specially the note below.

NOTE TO SUPPORT:

I request that you provide this customer with the Aerosoft version of the A320/A321 provided they can provide proof of purchase from Steam.  Justification is that Connected Flight Deck (CFD) is currently supported in the A320/A321 product and has been for about 2 years, though I have reason to believe it does not work properly in the Steam version due to the different file structure/file placement.

CFD is supported in the current Aerosoft, SimMarket and Steam version of the A320/A321.

Customer has been very patient and deserves the utmost courtesy.

If you are unable to honor this request, would you please email me and explain?  You'll find my email address under my moderator account.

Many thanks.

Archived