Fly by/over waypoint

kolos

Hy All,

When preflight, any flight plan is loaded, the first waypoint always turns as a fly over waypoint, regardless of SID flyby or over format.

Any other simmer experience some similar?

This is frustrating when SID contains a strict flyby waypoint.

If I input a conditional waypoint before it (for example waypoint/-3), that solves the problem. But I'm a little bit fed up with inputing

such conditinal waypoints always before all flights. Are there any more wise solution for this?

thanks

Kolos

Sorry if I may missunderstood your question. 

Is the first waypoint really a overfly waypoint and is displayed as such in the FMS? Or is it just flown like an overfly waypoint without the triangle?

When loading the flight plan, still everything fine. After performance data input, the first waypoint switches to flyover and shown on ND as flyover.

If takeoff and engage A/P, waypoint will flown as flyover, however that should be fly by...

Actually just learned that, changover point happens not when inputing performance data, but airborne.

Before airborne:

Please login to display this image.

When Airborne:

Tokyo Haneda departure from rwy 16R YANAG1.

In the navdatabase waypoint format and sequencing are all correct. But happens the same with all SID and STARs as well all around in Japanese airports.

Regardless of prior altitude overfly conditinal waypoint exist or not.

Oh and btw, the turns before or at a waypoint are calculated as soon as this fix is the next waypoint in the flight plan. So this has nothing to do with performance data or the plane being airborne. 

Also, what happens when you manually add a fly-over and remove it? 

- AIRAC: yes, that's is outdated. Actually I have never updated since I purchased Aerosoft a321 in 2015.

- yes, I know, turn radius and condition are calculated just when waypoint becomes active inbound. But fly by/over condition is calculated wrongly. And it happens with all airports's all SIDs.

- I will try manual fly over input.

However I have a bit similar solution. Inputing "minus distance" conditional waypoint. But rather I would like to find reason why airbus identifies the first

waypoint always as fly over then tweaking it.

Can you experience the same with your Bus?

Or for you it works well as fly by?

Archived