P3D Crashes with Simstarter (recently)

Dean33

P3d 3.4 works great on its own. W8.1.

When starting Simstarter I get the duplicate exe.xml message (2 of them).

Then when P3D is loading it suddenly disappears (sometime after the scenery and terrain are loading).

It is as if it is still open but I can't see it.  AS2016 is still open. EZCA is still open. Simstarter is still open.  In Task Manager prepare3d is still running!

I have tried deleting prepar3d.cfg AND reimporting this into Simstarter Simulator master configuration.

Please help me get my Simstarter back working?

• Developer

Hi Dean,

I am sorry, that you are having issues with your simulator. But I am assuming that they do not come from SIMstarter NG. We have many, many, many, many users and such bug would be flooding this forum. ^_^

The error message on startup can be fixed with

On 4.2.2017 at 16:13, Dean33 sagte:

[...]

Then when P3D is loading it suddenly disappears (sometime after the scenery and terrain are loading).

It is as if it is still open but I can't see it.  AS2016 is still open. EZCA is still open. Simstarter is still open.  In Task Manager prepare3d is still running!

I have tried deleting prepar3d.cfg AND reimporting this into Simstarter Simulator master configuration.

Please help me get my Simstarter back working?

I am not sure but I sounds like such an error has been fixed by the latest P3D hotfix. http://prepar3d.com/news/2017/02/113941/

• Fixed an issue where the main window would not restore to maximized state after being minimized

Thanks for asking.

No I have not solved it and after quite a lot of testing I am sure it is something caused by the way Simstarter works.

I uninstalled everything including P3D V3

I downloaded latest P3D and did a full install.

Gradually I added Simstarter, FTX, FSUIPC, AS2016, EZDOC2.

I tested P3D and Simstarter alternatly and both worked well.

Then Simstarter starrted the same behaviour again!  P3D gets to the second progress bar (terrain?) and disappears.

It is still running in the background.  No error messages.

Have to close through Task Manager.

Once I have done that I have to delete prepar3d.cfg before P3D will work again.

I have tried importing the new prepard3d.cfg in as master.

After that I can launch P3D on its own ten times on the run - and it starts fine.

But if I go back to Simstarter it fails always.

Its strange that while I was in the process of reinstalling the various addons Simstarter worked fine.  But it's like something finally tipped it into failure mode.

I would like to hear your suggestions. My P3d works well on its own but Simstarter is a great tool for me i would prefer to use every time.

Thanks Dean.

• Developer

Which P3D Version are you using in Detail?

Please right-click PREPAR3D.EXE > Details > Product version.

Because there was a issue fixed with latest Hotfix

http://prepar3d.com/news/2017/02/113941/

• Fixed an issue where the main window would not restore to maximized state after being minimized

Don't know if that is related to your problem?

P3d 3.4.22.19868

FSUIPC 4.962

Both downloaded Saturday. 

Please note - does not happen with P3D alone.

I am not saying it's a fault with Simstarter but maybe the way I am using it -  I have installed that fresh too. 

Thanks anyone. 

I didn't use Simstarter since Sunday.  I have used P3D successfully on its own.

I created a debug pack (attached 22m36). And then started Simstarter and it worked  !!

Then when I tried it again the 'changes/differences' screen suggested changes to cfg setting which I accepted.

Then I tried Simstarter again (exactly the same flight) and it ran P3D in the background at just the same point as described above.

I then created a fresh debug pack which is also attached. (42m30)

Thanks

Dean

20170203-14h42m30_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip

20170203-14h22m36_SIMstarterNG_DebugPackage.zip

• Developer

Okay. Very, very strange.

Please try:

1. Uncheck "Use different situation settings"
  2. Run Profile 1

If that works. Try selecting a P3D Default Aircraft. You are using "Boeing 737-836NGX British Airways Virtual Winglets" (I assume PMDG). Complex aircrafts can cause trouble.

See manual chapter 2.1.3 as well.

Solution for this would be starting with a P3D default Aircraft > Load P3D and switch to your complex payware aircraft

Thanks

I followed what you said and it loaded the default flight.

Then I tried the P3D default Baron and that worked.

Then I tried the Milviz Baron and that worked.

Then I tried the PMDG 737.800W NGX and that failed.  P3D ran in the background from the part way through 'loading terrain'.

I'll do some more extensive testing later - thanks again.

Dean 

Archived