Passenger weights and cargo loading

Hello,

As a recent user of PFPX, I'm starting to get familiar with the program.

I got it mostly working and understand the principles, and I find it generally great.

There is one major thing that is bothering me though:

Each airline (or in our case, each aircraft, like FSL A320, PMDG NGX, Majestic Dash...) uses it's own passenger/bag weights. The problem I have in PFPX, that each time I change an aircraft, and with VPA (Virtual Pilots Association) that happens almost on every flight, as I try to get around as much as possible, and for diversity reasons of course.

In that case, before each flight I have to change the entries in pax/bag weights... which is already annoying enough... and then there are different procedures entering the cargo weights. For instance, for PMDG I have to enter payload separately into the aircraft, while in A320 I don't have to.

It would be a really big help if at least we could configure pax/bag weights, including setting if the pax weight includes bags (or not) while configuring the aircraft. And when planing the flight, entering number of passengers would yield in correct ZFW and easier coordination, which is already complicated enough when doing everything the right way.

Of course, I know there is a workaround, I can as well enter ZFW directly from what I'm given in the aircraft itself or in the external configuration tool (like in the case of the Dash). Ain't fully realistic, and I don't get PAX/Cargo entries on the OFP, but hey...

Anything possible here?

Thanks

Srdan

Dear Kosta,

i know your problem, but i know it from real aviation.

Standard wise you can take normal ICAO Passenger weights:

Those are are used mostly throughout the industry.

As i am only flying one airline, i dont have a problem with the weights within PFPX. But i understand, that it can cause troubles when flying for different virtual airlines.

My suggestion would be find your middle and put those weigts into PFPX.

Then it should fit almost perfectly.

Greetings

Please login to display this image.

VPA is not a virtual airline itself. It is an association in which I can fly any virtual airline. That was important for me, as I don't want to be too restrictive. I was 10 years with BAV, and decided to let it go, as I can fly BA all the same with VPA, and really, getting points in BAV or VPA... hey... :) Besides VPA requires me to meet way more important things, ones that I've never seen with any VA, and that is the constraints of doing the flight and planning correctly, time of day your fly etc.

The solution with middle weights ain't really a solution. I can't enter incorrect data into FMC, as the calucations are off in that case, don't you think? Besides, it should be as real as possible.

I know VPA yeah heard of it. But for me its only one airline i am simulating, thats just because of my hardware setup ;-)

Therefore for me i have the actual company used weights for my calculation in PFPX.

And you are right, as real as it gets. So completetly real :-)

Greetings

Nice pit btw.

I have only "parts" for flightsimming, so doing only BAV (for instance) gets really boring with time. Diversity is nothing bad I think.

It's an idea, maybe dev(s) can implement something.

Thanks very much. Its enough for the time being, but not even there where i wanna be by end of this year :-)

And luckily, i got the best girlfriend on this planet, as she is in aviation herself and also sometimes sitting in the sim.

Regarding the pax weights, that would be a nice feature to have some more choice for different setups.

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...

Archived