So after aome months without flying virtually, I today decided to take the dust out of P3D and decided to purchase a new server subscription as well as update my old PFPX 1.23 to 1.28 as PFPX told me there was this updated version. However I'm having some issues with this version:

1 - I fly my own fleet of private aircraft, such as an A19CJ or a Cessna CItation X, wich obviously don't belong to any airline. In version 1.23 when adding a flight I was able to override the airline/callsign drop down menu and put callsign CSDCX for instance, for my Citation X (registration CS-DCX). Now when I type the callsign is automatically separates the three characters from the last two, resulting in CSD CX. If I leave that text box blank it turns pinkish and doesn't allow me to save the flight so I can proceed to fill the flight plan information, route, etc.

2 - The already reported disapeared wind optimized route option, which was an excellent route planning tool.

Am I missing something regarding these two issues?

Best regards from Portugal.

The planning boxes are merely input fields, the output should be correct.

Entering CS DCX in the flight number field and leaving the ICAO entry empty will result in an ATC plan entry of :FPL-CSDCX-IN with the aircraft tail number selected also. It will all enter into the schedule as CSDCX.

The 'Wind Optimization' was dropped in v1.26 as I recall in favour of the extended options provided which should take wind into account.

Dear srcooke thanks for your quick reply on enlightening me about my doubts on the v1.28. Taking the wind into account by default is indeed a smart move to add that feature!
As for the "CS-DCX" callsign, thanks for your answer.

Archived