Any way to apply to all profiles?

mark767

I have had it happen twice now where I wanted to change something in the cfg for all profiles.  The latest case is with Chaseplane where you need to have WideAspectView=True.  It would be great if you could have SimStarter provide an option to apply this one change in the Master to all Profiles rather than having to go to each one individually to make the change.  I would suggest when you make a change in Master a popup appears asking if you want to cascade the change to all Profiles.  

Hi,

You may already know this, but as a refresher.

SIMstarter works is that the values in the 'Simulator Configuration Profile (MASTER)' apply to all user defined Sim ConfigSets, unless the value has been altered in the user defined ConfigSet.

So, something like 'WideAspectView", which you want to be the default for all ConfigSets, should only exist in the MASTER.

You can see what values override the MASTER by selecting Tools -> Config File Editor and selecting the ConfigSet from the 'Preslection:' dropdown.  Any value listed in the selected ConfifSet will not be changed when you alter the MASTER. 

If you want the value to be controlled 'globally' by a change in the MASTER, then 'Remove' the value from the user defined ConfigSet. 

Ernie

Archived