Problem with GSX Pushback and Checklists

Please tell me if I am doing something wrong over here, or if this is a known, unresolved issue:

My scenario is that I want the copilot and checklists ON. The cockpit prep and Before Start checklists go as normal, until I am asked to follow AES instructions. At this point, I use GSX to initiate pushback, and I follow all GSX instructions. I choose to NOT start engines before pushback, I usually do it during or after pushback. Anyway, once I am stopped, I set the parking brake (engines are on) and.....nothing happens. I expect the After start checklist to start but it does not happen.

I DID indicate on MCDU2 that I am using AES/GSX for pushback, everything is left as is.

What I tried: Once GSX pushed me back, I turned off the AES/GSX pushback in the right MCDU and...I got the "START PUSH" in green, so I press LSK5L, I indicate that I want to be pushed back 1 meter to the Left and the "START PUSH" remains green. I prefer to not leave things like that.

Any help/input/feedback is appreciated.

Thank you,

Damian

Hi Damian,

I'm posting my procedure. This is for Airbus version 1.30, don't know if anything has been changed in 1.31, I'm waiting for the next SP before updating.

Keep in mind that GSX is not AES, so I always avoided pushback with AES (don't know if this has changed in Airbus v1.31).

I always fly with CP and CL on, and I usually cope with GSX this way:

- when everything is ready for pushback, in the MCDU2 you will have to choose between "Start engines" and "push and start". Don't choose anything now.

- Start GSX pushback (with "no start engines before pushback" option). At some point GSX will ask to remove chocks and cones.

- Now on MCDU2 choose "start engines": this will remove chocks and cones and the GSX pushback will commence. Do not start engines until cleared by GSX! This is the most confusing part, since you will have duplicate messages from GSX and Airbus crew about clearances, and it's easy to make some mistakes that will hang your procedures/checklists.

- When you are cleared by GSX, start egines

- GSX pushback will stop. Set your parking brakes as required and wait for GSX pushback AND A320 start engines procedures to end.

- Start taxi

Ciao

Stefano

Stefano, thank you for your reply.

It could be version differences. I followed your guide, and here is what was different for me: I couldn't choose between "start engines" and "push to start" All I had was "follow AES/GSX instructions" which I did. I was cleared to start engines, got the "have a good trip" message, and both of the items on the checklist (START PUSH and START) got checked off, and now there is nothing left for me to do. My engines are running, I am taxiing, and the MCDU still says "Follow AES/GSX INSTRUCTIONS." The checklist is hung and the AFTER START checklist is still greyed out and I can't press it. I am over 10 KTS and I still have the follow gsx instructions message, and even in flight. I had to turn off the checklists.

I will also double check to see if the MCDU showed that wheel chocks are set, perhaps that could be the difference maker :/

• Deputy Sheriffs

Stefano,

it seems to me that you did not set the parking brakes (as requested by GSX) after the push back has be finished. As soon as you set the parking brakes the message on the inforbar  "FOLLOW AES/GSX INSTRUCTIONS" disappears and a new message "WAIT" appears on the inforbar...... More details you will find in the documentation Vol6 StepbyStep Guide........

Regards,

Rolf 

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi,

Aerosoft Airbus A318/319/320/321 version 1.31 and GSX version 1.9.12

Regards,

Hanse

OK, I'm stick with version 1.30 of the A320/321, so I suspect there's something different in this version.

I will update the 'bus in the coming weeks and check it again.

Thanks

Stefano

Archived