LEFT MCDU NOT "CLICKABLE"

donkz2

Good afternoon,

I have recently purchased the Aerosoft Airbus Bundle for FSX(SE) version 131. I installed it as per instructions, right click run as admin on a Windows 10 machine. Also had Anti Virus turned off for install.

When I load into the aircraft regardless of state (although set to "Dark" as default) the Left hand side MCDU is non responsive and I cannot select any of the buttons (Regardless of a/c type). The right MCDU works fine now but I did have an issue with not being to close the front left door, but seems to have been resolved after a reinstall.

This issue happens 80% of the time, on rare occasions it does seem to work, and after turning on some power and ADIRS I can "Reset IRS" and continue to program it as expected.

Could you advise me on how best to rectify the above?

Many thanks,

Liam

Please login to display this image.

• Deputy Sheriffs

There have been a few reports of a problem like this here in the forum.

Make sure to have SimConnect properly installed in your FSX:SE.

Please download and install all Microsoft VC++ Redistributable packages (2005, 2008, 2010,  2012, 2013 and 2015, 32bit and 64bit packages). If you have them already installed, please do it anyway. They might got corrupted on your machine.

Hi Tom,

So far so good, 3 starts and three successes. Will reinstall the A321 and test, but hopefully the above has ironed the issues out.

Many thanks.Liam

• Deputy Sheriffs

I am glad to read that. I will leave this topic open for now. If I don't hear back from you I will close it in a few days.

Happy landings! :) 

Hi there,

I have the same problem, but only when loading an Airbus for the second time.

In other words, If I start P3D (v3) and fly an AS Airbus, it will work the first time. However, if I reset the scenario or change vehicle to any other AS Airbus, I will get the "A0-0" string instead of the usual "A320-214" for example, and the left MCDU will be unusable. It doesn't matter if I load a different scenario of aircraft between the two attempts. I haven't tested it with keyboard inputs yet. My VC redists are all installed, too.

Is it possible that the 'bus saves part of its state in a file that gets corrupted?

Yesterday I had 3 CTDs in less than an hour whiel I was on the ground, and I was always loading my 320 from a saved state somehow (I checked the FCU and cabin temp as telltale signs). After the 4th restart, I loaded the submarine scenario, then created a new scenario with the 320, and the problem went away. I don't know if it's related to the problem at hand though.

Cheers!

Hi There,

Having same issue with FSX (not steam edition) running on Windows 10.

Only on A320/21. On A318/9 all working properly.

Only the MCDU on the left is not clickable. The rest of the plane works perfectly. I have de-installed and re installed several time but same issue.

What is strange is that I have the Airbus since a while and worked properly untill few days ago and suddendly this issue appeared.

Did not made any changes to FSX

PS: I'm not familiar at all with:  Microsoft VC++ Redistributable packages (2005, 2008, 2010,  2012, 2013 and 2015, 32bit and 64bit packages) as written above.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Maurizio

Hi Tom,

Thank you for the link.

I have donwloaded and installed all the version following your instructions.

It seems to be working now, but only with the first chosen plane/livery. If for any reason i change the plane after having open a flight, it stacks again.

But at least it works now, I just dont have to change my mind and stick with the first plane :)

No issue at all with A318/9 version which works perfectly. Strange that only the A320/21 version is affected!

Thank you for your help

Maurizio

• 4 weeks later...

Paging @Tom A320 :)

I have painstakingly reinstalled ALL of the VC redist packages, AND the A320 (deinstall, removal of all Aerosoft folders).

I get the exact same behaviour as before: unusable left MCDU displaying A0-0 instead of the actual version/subversion.

Worse yet. I have this old P3Dv2 install that had no Airbus installed. I installed the 318/319 and everything worked fine. I loaded minibuses up to 8 times without a glitch. Fantastic :)

Then I installed the 320/321 (1.31) and for a time it was good. I loaded a couple of 320s without a problem. Then I restarted P3D and it all went wrong. Not only did I get the dreaded unclickable "A0-0" in the 320/321, but it ALSO broke the 318/319, EVEN after uninstalling the 320/321!

In other words, the 320/321 seems to be doing something somewhere that affects the whole 320 family and that severely disrupts the aircraft loading process. I don't know where it breaks stuff, but it sure breaks something!

I don't know what else to do, aside from reinstalling P3D from scratch.

ANY insight would be appreciated :)

Cheers

After yesterday's ordeal, I thought "what the hell" and reinstalled P3D from scratch. I then installed the 318/319 first, and then the 320/321.

So far I haven't had any issue with the left MCDU. So knock on wood and hope this helps, even if it's a pain in the back :)

Cheers

2 hours ago, LLL33 said:

I got the same problem, so restarting Prepar3D after each flight became a habit already :)  

I feel for you, I've been there :P

However since I reinstalled everything, I have chain-loaded a dozen airbuses without a problem, so it's not hopeless!

Good luck ;)

I could fly 3 short legs without problem. This time I didn't alt-tab the whole time. Maybe it is not related with the bus. It could have to do with the prepar/simconnect combo. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problems. Despite not having any problem airbus x extended, after the installation A320/321 (ver.1.31), left mcdu is not working and i can't use the buttons.

I can write with my keyboard, however i can't enter them on MCDU.

Thanks for your help,

Mert

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hi Mert,

what simulator are you using? Have you followed any of the above given suggestions already?

55 minutes ago, Tom A320 said:

Hi Mert,

what simulator are you using? Have you followed any of the above given suggestions already?

Hi Tom,

I'm using FSX (Sp1+Sp2) and i followed the instructions given above and installed all Microsoft VC++ Redistributable packages.

Also, i reinstalled the Airbus A320/321 package without using antivirus program. But, left mcdu doesn't work.

Thank you for your reply.

• Deputy Sheriffs

Hello Mert,

I assume you did all installations as Administrator and your are also starting FSX as such?

First of all, sorry for my late response. I did all my installations as an administrator and i am starting my fsx same. However, the problem hasn't been fixed. 

On 23/5/2016 at 10:44 AM, Tom A320 said:

Hello Mert,

I assume you did all installations as Administrator and your are also starting FSX as such?

Just now, thy3098 said:

First of all, sorry for my late response. I did all my installations as an administrator and i am starting my fsx same. However, the problem hasn't been fixed. 

• 8 months later...

I have the exact same issue on the left MCDU of the A319. From time to time it does not respond when starting from Cold and Dark. In my case is only the A318/9 with this issue, the A320 and A321 seems absolutely fine.

I have reinstalled the Microsoft VC++ Redistributable Packages. What else can it be?

Eagerly awaiting your response.

Will

• Deputy Sheriffs

It it is random and can't be pinpointed to anything the only advice I can give you is to follow the given suggestions in here to the point:

Please do not omit any of the given steps (especially while reinstalling the bus). They all serve at least one purpose (if not many). 

Tom, I went through the whole process (uninstalled, reinstalled AV off and as admin) and kept on checking whether the MCDU issue is resolved after every step. The issue was resolved with the last step when I re-installed SimConnect.

Touch wood, it seems as if the non clickable issue on all 4 versions of my Airbusses (A318/9/20/21) have been resolved.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Regards

WIll

Archived