NAS scenery and vLSO in p3d v3

dsem66

Are there any scenery add-ons for better realism at NAS Oceana or any of the other bases where Tomcats operated? What are you guys using for non-carrier ops? I have found some old (2008) stuff for FSX but it is not clear whether or not it would work in P3d. And how about vLSO - do you use that for FCLP? Thanks

If you want to accurately sim the training up to and then flying around the boat in FS, you need vLSO.  NALF Fentress scenery is on the site and coded for FCLP, which would accurate for FCLP. Really nice NAS Lemoore scenery out, but I think Oceana is on the backburner for now.

http://vlso.blogspot.com/

Victory, I wonder if you could help me out with vLSO and the Fentress FCLP...

I have both downloaded and the scenery installed (I can see the IFLOLS at each end of the runway). I have the vLSO items in the Add-Ons dropdown while in P3D...so it is connected.

But even though I have 'FCLP' checked in vLSO program, I am not getting the "You are in NALF Fentress" message when I fly over, nor are the IFLOLS lights working. Matter of fact I am getting the Carrier messages with BRC etc....

Any idea what I might be missing?

dsem66, sorry I don't actually have P3D yet, so my help would be limited to FSX problems.

The vLSO developer uses the FSDreamteam forums for support. Hope that gets you started. I know the realistic way is to beat up the day/night FCLP pattern prior to going to the boat with the Tomcat, but since it's a sim, just head out to the "real" deal.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,4915.0.html

Thanks for the reply! I finally gave up and did just what you suggested... It's actually better because with the boat moving forward I am coming off the 90 in pretty good position...been getting a lot of practice in. And I am still alive ;) There is a lot of good info on fsdreamteam.com, found it while searching. I like p3d, but there is still major disconnects to be worked out...frustrating.

Archived