PFPX - Missing Routes

I recently reinstalled PFPX and after the installation I updated the database, ran the database check and removed the outdated routes, like I always do, but then I noticed that every flightplan I wanted to create, there was no route for it in the database. So I reinstalled again and tried the same routes before updating the database, but I got the same effect. I updated the database, ran the check and without deleting the outdated routes, I tried again, but again so many routes were not found. Upon checking the database manually, those routes indeed arent in the database.

I havent done anything different from I normally do and I never had this problem before. Does anyone know what might be the problem and what I can do to fix it?

Cheers,

Maarten

Because I dont know enough about what is relevant is real-life situation to create a route from scrap. Of course I can connect dots, but I cant tell if what I can come up with is realistic and that's exactly why I've got this program. Besides that, one of the main functions of the program is broken and if something is broken, it has to be fixed. And who knows what the error can do, how far it reaches throughout the program and what else might go wrong...

If my TV stops working, of course I can go watch at a friend's place, but that doesnt fix my TV.

Cheers!

Guys, seriously. Can we please stay on topic? If I want another option to create my flight plans, I'm perfectly capable of finding plenty of those myself. I dont see where in the OP you find anything that might give the idea I'm asking for alternatives. I'm not sure if this is a new subtle way of trolling, or if you mean well and just havent read the question, or if you misunderstood the question, but I'm starting to feel like I'm being treated like a 3 year old, who needs a nanny to tell him to move his left foot after he moved the right one. This seriously feels insulting, so please, if you want to help, read the question and stay on topic.

I'm sorry if I misunderstand your intentions, but I've got autism (and I'm already having a horrendous day, today) and I'm having a very hard time following conversations (not to speak about intentions) when a response doesnt match the question. My apologies if my reaction seems strange to you, but I'm not sure how to respond, because I cant follow the logic from the question to the answers I'm getting. I'm sorry.

I thought I was clear with the simplified example of the TV, but apparently this needs more explaining:

I bought a product and that product is now broken. I know there are alternatives, but alternatives dont get my broken product fixed. So I come to the support forum to ask for help for the specific problem I'm having, to get this specific problem fixed.

Cheers!

Maarten

Maarten,

I am not defending the above posters, but trying to understand their intentions as good, see what you wrote yourself:

Because I dont know enough about what is relevant is real-life situation to create a route from scrap

This generally IS a piece of software purpose of which is to enable creating routes from scratch. Which, by the way, is well covered in both the manuals and the forum threads here.

So writing what you wrote seemed strange (maybe you misunderstood what exactly this software is?) and the reactions could be understood and, frankly, they are gentle and maybe simple but helpful (e.g. giving you a great link).

So I am saddened to see your reaction to other forum users (not support officers of any kind) who offered to help you somehow. You may not like their replies, but I see no bad intentions in their posts.

Now, trying to understand your real problem. You say you removed (outdated) routes. You also say routes are missing. Isin't it what would happen after removing them? Or maybe I misunderstand you, then sorry.

Then, which ready routes are you trying to search for in the database? Routes you have created yourself or some you found somewhere and imported? It is not clear to me, either.

Or are you saying you choose a departure airport and an arrival airport, choose to autocreate the route (Find + Upper Airspace / Lower Airspace) and it is not working?

Sorry if I dont understand intentions if communication isnt straightforward, according to the standard norms. I do my best to keep up, but due to my autism, I tend to think 'different' and I often cant follow logic of neurotipical people and especially during a stressful days, this can be a real problem for me. I didnt mean to offend anyone, it's just that I have difficulty understanding 'neurotipial logic'. My apologies if I offended anyone.

I reinstalled v1.22 several times today, trying to find if I might have been overlooking anything, and somehow, using the exact same procedure, it now works fine. I've got all my routes back in the database, with my normal procedure. I installed the program, I update the database from Navigraph updates, run a check on the route database and removed the outdated entries. Then, when creating my flightplan I use the auto-find route option and as always, I now do get a standard route between every two airports I enter.

But I'll explain what happened up until this last install, maybe you can understand what went wrong

When the problem occurred with the updated PFPX and outdated data deleted, I tried again in a fresh install of PFPX v1.23, nothing updated, nothing deleted, but I didnt get any route from the database, no matter which airports I entered. When checking the route database, I saw that for a lot of airports, there are véry few routes available for large airports even (for example ESSA, ENGM and EHAM and I'm missing routes I've used many times before) and for some airports there were no routes available at all (for example EGLL, EDDH and EHEH) and these are also routes I have used before, so I know they should be in there.

After checking the clean install of v1.23, I installed the 1505 update from Navigraph and ran the database check, didnt delete anything and checked for those airports and routes again, but again they werent there. Since this was the first time I used v1.23, I thought to check what would happen with v1.22, which has worked perfectly fine, in the past. So I uninstalled v1.23, deleted all leftover folders and registry entries, installed v1.22 and checked the default database, but again, missing airports and routes. I updated to 1505, ran the database check and didnt delete anything, but again same items missing. And me being the stubborn fool that I am, I just keep cleaning up after a faulty install and reinstall again, trying to find anything that might give me a hint and after a few tries, and I didnt change anything in the process, because I couldnt find anything I thought I could try changing, now it does work! Fresh install of v1.22, updated to 1505, ran database check, deleted outdated routes and now the auto-find route find every single route I enter.

So solving the problem isnt necessary anymore, everything works now. But is there anything I might have been overlooking that could have caused this problem? With every attempt I wrote down every step in the installation process and compared them afterwards, but step by step, I've been doing the same thing, over and over. And in this way I got like 10 faulty installs and the 11th install works perfectly fine. With the release of P3Dv3 I did a full reinstall of my computer, from Windows up, so I'm working with a clean system, it's not like I've been messing around with so many things for so much time, that could have messed up Windows... I'm a bit confused about what's happening here.

Archived