Mega Airport installation problem...

michel

Hi,

I have already e-mailed support.at.aerosoft.de and info.at.aerosoft-shop.com regarding this issue, but since I have not received a reply yet, and since I'm really looking forward to flying into EDDF with AES, I thought I could post my problem here as well... anyway, below is the text of the e-mail I have sent...

____

While my problem is quite easy to understand the "how I got there" is a little more confusing... so let me explain:

1. When I install a new scenery, I always copy the scenery and texture files to another new folder in the Addon Scenery folder (for Frankfurt it is Addon Scenery/Europe_Frankfurt_EDDF), and then run the "uninstaller". This is what I did after having purchased Mega Airport Frankfurt.

2. As I the runway textures didn't show up right I tried to re-install the scenery a couple of months ago... it fixed the problem. Again, I moved the freshly installed files to the folder in the Addon scenery but, if I remember correctly, didn't run the un-installer.

3. Yesterday, I bought AES and had my first five credits devoted to EDDF... I then noticed that the Terminal 2 (Gates D & E) didn't show up... I then decided to do another fresh install, which didn't work out... and then another one... which didn't solve the problem neither... I then decided to do a fresh install of everything (Frankfurt + AES) ... but got stuck by the limited numbers of permitted installations of Frankfurt...

4. Result: I have finally figured out why the terminal building didn't show up, at least I think i did, since the problem is solved (I moved eddf_fs9_gmax_objects_LIB-AES.bgl to the Addon Scenery/Europe_Frankfurt_EDDF/Scenery folder), but am now stuck with awkward runway textures.

5. I would therefore appreciate it if you could help me figure out what's wrong with my runway textures, and, ideally, let me re-install Frankfurt... and this time I will certainly not move the files around to another folder :-)

I have bought the EDDF Scenery from simmarket [order number, key, and copy of confirmation e-mail were sent with the e-mail].

I thank you in advance for your help!

____

Let me know if you need any other information...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Michel Ph. Adam

Hello Michel,

Any product support e-mails are usually answered with a request to post in the forum.

The problem maybe that you have removed the files from there default location and this can cause problems if updates and certain other files are looking for the correct location.

You can reset your installer by following the instructions below.

Resetting Your Own Installers.

1. Log onto Simmarket..

2. Select Your Account (top right hand side of the screen) using the email address you selected and your password

3. Now select Your Order Details & Downloads

4. You will now see all orders you done on the shop (sorted per date)

5. Select the order you want to get details on by choosing the order date in the list to the left.

6. You will be presented with a screen with a download link, install counter reset and your Registration Key.

7. Press the Reset Registration link and your installer should reset, however this does not reset the download link. (Also See Note Below)

If you need to have your download period extended then you need to contact the shop of purchase via there trouble ticket systems.

Please Note: This link may not show if the installer has just been reset to zero.

This system is both for our copyright protection and to prevent somebody using the code YOU paid for without your knowledge.

Follow the above procedure at Simmarket or Aerosoft Online and you should then be able to re-install.

Simmarket Customers.

Should you have problems with the above procedure please leave a Trouble Ticket at Simmarket.

• Verified Developer
4. Result: I have finally figured out why the terminal building didn't show up, at least I think i did, since the problem is solved (I moved eddf_fs9_gmax_objects_LIB-AES.bgl to the Addon Scenery/Europe_Frankfurt_EDDF/Scenery folder), but am now stuck with awkward runway textures.

Hi Michel,

You have found out the correct solution for the T2 Building. When EDDF ist installed behind AES, this file is missing. Therefor we keep the copy in the AESAirport directory, so that you can copy it after the EDDF install back to the EDDF_2005Scenery directory.

But one NOTE!:

Never move the ..AerosoftAES directory to any other position, because AES needs to find there files in this directory related to the FSMain Path. AES could not see, where it is installed on Runtime, so we need to have it at this fixed position.

brgds

Oliver Pabst