Quick fix for UTE and VFR Berlin 2006

dswo

Have been thinking for some time about how to make these two excellent products work together. My first idea was to disable the UT features for the relevant cell (951130), but that would have affected more than just Berlin and given some strange results when crossing out of Aerosoft territory.

Here's what I ended up doing to make VFR Berlin 2006 from Aerosoft work with Ultimate Terrain Europe:

1. Open a DOS window.

2. cd "C:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator 9AerosoftBerlin 2006 SCScenery"

Note: this is the default path to the Berlin scenery folder. Yours may be different, depending on where FS9 is installed.

3. rename A???-????3.bgl *.xxx

4. Close DOS window.

5. Load FS9. In the scenery library, make sure that all Berlin layers are placed above all UT layers. (We want the Aerosoft landclass to show, since presumably that's more detailed.)

6. Reload FS9 and fly.

What's this doing? Step three is deactivating all of the Berlin scenery folder's water features and letting the UT water features show through instead. I thought this would be necessary for the roads and railroads as well, but when I tried disabling them (A???-????9.bgl), the UT roads did NOT show through and I got no roads. Don't know why that is, but I reenabled the Berlin road system and it seems to work fine.

I haven't tested this extensively, but so far it's worked well in my flights around Berlin proper and Potsdam. Haven't tested the outlying airports yet (which are a real treat in the Aerosoft product). Comments? Anything I'm missing?