Download products and Internet Connection.

mulletman

Hey All.

A while back I won a copy of Lukla, which came as a download. During the install I was asked to connect to the internet.

I read somewhere that internet connection is no longer needed for download products. Maybe I was wrong.

Either way, today I got the 'new' file and re installed. I was still asked for serial number and email, and it came up with a 'registration complete' message.

Is internet connection required for the new files?

And also, there were 2 serial numbers, one in red (which seemed to work) and another that looked more like a usual XX-XX-XX-XX number. What’s the meaning behind both?

Apologies if this has been asked before, feel free to link to another topic.

Peace and Love,

Fred 'mulletman' Clark.

Hello Fred,

The new installers do not require an internet connection to install.

You need to use the rather long serial number with the new installers twhich should be below the original number, best to copy and paste the e-mail address and serial number into the installer when required as they are both spelling and case sensitive.

The old numbers are just part of the way the products were copied over to the customers accounts at the new shop.

The new installers do not require an internet connection to install.

You need to use the rather long serial number with the new installers twhich should be below the original number, best to copy and paste the e-mail address and serial number into the installer when required as they are both spelling and case sensitive.

ahh, fantastic news. thanks for the responce.

So i can copy this to cd for backup, with the longer (red) serial number. Thats good news. :D