Restoring a Steam Backup of X-plane

nzcoaster

Hi and Happy New Year to Aerosoft Team

Please forgive me if this is the wrong forumspot

I downloaded all the Steam X-Plane Global 64 and the massive amount of world scenery (all continents) all good and haveing a great time. But i have run into a problem where I wanted a fresh install of the X-plane and the continents ( mucking around in the WED editor ).

Now I had previously made a complete backup of the X-Plane Simulatoyr and Global Scenery using Steams own backup method that worked well and ened up with 92 Disks on the Backup drive 57.1 GB Size.

The problem is that when reintalling from that backup Steam only installs part of X-plane but leaves all other continents uninstalled. I am hopeing I dont have to download them continents all again.

This problem has been posted by others on Steam forums. So I thought I would post here as it never hurts to ask.

Ive got the backup files all in the following Structure ie E:\Steam-XPLANE BCK\X-Plane 10 Global - 64 Bit\Disk_1 through to E:\Steam-XPLANE BCK\X-Plane 10 Global - 64 Bit\Disk_92

Disk_1 has these

292181_depotcache_1.csd

292181_depotcache_1.csm

sku.sis

and all the following Disks have the same 3 files except for differing numbers on the .csd and .csm / the only file that is in each folder with the same consistant name is sku.sis

I know the continents are in those files but how to get Steam to see them as part of its own backup

Any help appreciated

Though next time if i have to download all the Global scenery I will do a manual backup of the X-Plane directory as somthings not working full using Steams own method

Kind Regards

nzcoaster

Archived