FMC: problem to insert reserve fuel quantity in Perf init

Didier COUTY

Hello!

I bought Eurowings prof. for FS2004 software 2 weeks ago in France. The planes are flying tremendouly well, but I have a big problem with the FMC. Whichever plane I fly, I can not input the reserve fuel quantity in the perf init page of the FMC.

I always get the message INVALID ENTRY. I followed the example in the manual, entering 3.5, but it is not working. When I press the "." on the FMC, I get a "," displayed. I assume that this is because of my French keyboard setting. Could this be the problem? Anyway, all the GW and Fuel Weight indications are also with "," but inserted automatically as soon as I press the corresponding LSK.

Please tell me how to solve the problem.

As the reserve LSK is not inputed, the perf init does not work, nor the V1,V2, VR calculations, nor the waypoints on the MAP mode and nor the LNAV. It is a pity!

Looking forward to your prompt reply.

B.R.

I'm exactly in the same situation : CD version of Eurowings bought in France (under Flight Sim Xtension label) two days ago and I've noticed the same problem (Invalid Entry) with reserves input into FMC...

It didn't take long time for me to realize that this product is far under the quality level I was expected... The problem is that you need to buy it to test it... and so..!

Ok, that was the solution for resrves qty insertion into the FMC (not so "ideal" because that means to agree to function with the "." decimal separator instead of "," under all others Windoxs appplications... or to set this parameter at each use of FS...).

But in fact it seems that I still have problems with the V1, Vr and V2 values that refuse to implement into the FMC (neither automatically or manually). I even tried the FMC tutorial in wich these 3 speeds didn't appear when I press the keys folowing the yellow underlined instructions... What can be the cause of this problem ???

Your answer is not very helpfull... In fact I explained above that even in the FMC tutorial where the V1, Vr and V2 buttons are one after one outlined in yellow in order to guide us through their activation ther was no result (no speeds were dysplayed after the keys where pressed).... I'm really disappointed by all the "special restrictions" I'm discovering day after day on the EuroWing's aircraft ("...ok for this one but not implemented for this one...", "...partially active on this version but not avalaible on the other one...").

That's what I call a "Beta version".

Ok, the fact that the real aircrat are not featuring this function (calculation of TO speeds by the FMC) is a good reason to not implement it in the simulation. But on this basis why does the manual explain that some function (I don't remember exactly wich one) is simulated on the ATR while it doesn't exist on the real aircraft..?!

And in fact, is there a FMC onboard ATR and BAe146 ? If "yes" the simulation has to be as realistic as possible. If "no" then two solutions :

1°) no FMC at all in the simulation,

2°) a FMC in the simulation with full capacity.

That's my point of view but may be not the Eurosoft's one..?

I would like to request some more precise information :

- is there NO FMC at all onboard ATR and BAe146 ?

- if there is one, what is it's restriction about TO speeds :

- it doesn't calaculate them ?

- does it allow their manual introduction by crew ?

And, as I said before, following the FMC tutorial I saw yellow oulined boxes over the three TO speeds LSK in order to ask me to press them... and then... nothing happened..?! Could you confirm that is the exactly what the FMC is supposed to do in the simulation ? (and so why to ask for theses LSK to be pressed..?).

Thanks for your oncomming explanations.

In fact you're right (that is not to say that I agree with the facts...) : I tried to use FMC onboard teh A320 and the TO speeds where implemented and then I switched the same situation to ATR42 and BAe146 onboard wich the TO speeds were not presented...

So if this a direct consequence of the true definition of the FMC of these aircraft I say OK. But if it is the explanation, manuals and tutorials are not efficient to let us know this particularity...

I can suggest thet the EuroWings 2004 product could be improved a lot by better user's manuals, either with a correct french translation or with an english version on line.

Thanks.