Beaver amphibian windows interior/exterior error

rogerwensley

Is there any hope that I have missed an update that corrected the view of the amphibian interior that ALWAYS shows two rear square windows on each side even if the version in use is actually the one with only one window? Failing that is there any way to fix this?

• Aerosoft
Is there any hope that I have missed an update that corrected the view of the amphibian interior that ALWAYS shows two rear square windows on each side even if the version in use is actually the one with only one window? Failing that is there any way to fix this?

Right now there is no fix for this but the update to FSx will solve that problem.

In that case let me make some other requests too!

Can we have the newer "rounded" nose for all models, and not just for those with modern cockpits? I didn't notice that the old nose was faceted until the new one came along, and now I can't stop noticing it!

Can I have the modern cockpit with "one window" and wipline floats instead of having to chose between either 1. modern cockpit and two windows and EDO floats, or 2. old cockpit to get the wipline floats and one window?

Can the gps in the modern cockpit be bigger please! It so small as to be almost useless.

Can we get rid of those awful coloured seats and stick to grey like the modern cockpit ones?

Lots of criticism here, but only because you've done such a good job that it is a shame to let small things spoil it.

Your reply prompted another and more important question. When you say that this will be fixed in FSX, exacty what do you mean?

I ask this because I want to know if there will be continuing support for all purchasers, regardless of which FS version they are using. I would hope that whatever is fixed for FSX will also be fixed for the version I am running now.

• Aerosoft
Your reply prompted another and more important question. When you say that this will be fixed in FSX, exacty what do you mean?

I ask this because I want to know if there will be continuing support for all purchasers, regardless of which FS version they are using. I would hope that whatever is fixed for FSX will also be fixed for the version I am running now.

Of course we'll continu to support, but the development for the FS2004 version of the beaver has been closed about 12 months ago. I am just going to promise we'll reopen it for the issues that are open. At a certain point you got to lock the code so you can move on to new projects. With over 100 products we would have been stuck in Fs2002 when we did not do so. There have been 7 updates for the Beaver (with 85% of content being not fixes but additional features).

The issues we know about will be solved (when possible) in the FSx update, exactly what will change is not yet determined.

I am not clear about this after reading your response "I am just going to promise we'll reopen it for the issues that are open"; what do you mean? The update will fix the interior/exterior window defect for FS9, or it will not fix it?

I understand about having to focus your development efforts on FSX, and you have done a great job so far with the Beaver, which is probably your best product. But I am talking about a defect here, not a developmental improvement.

Can you also let me know what the FSX Beaver changes will involve? I will inevitably move to FSX eventually, but only if and when I can see that the advantages outweigh the effort of reinstalling all the add-on scenery.