Madeira AI Approach to Runway 05

MaverickScot

Hi all,

Having recently been playing with the old Hong Kong airport, Kia Tak I found that the AI aircraft head to the checker Board and at the last minute turn 47 Degrees to land on the main runway. Some of you may have seen this in David Marshalls wonderful Tips & Tricks Vol 23.

I was wondering is there going to be a change to the way the AI approach runway 05 at madeira airport as they over fly the mountain. This is not the correct procedure. They useually fly south of the airport and they turn in to the runway as it's not possible to fly over the mountain. Also is it possible that the control town can route you in to the runway as above instead of over the mountain too.

Has anyone got a solution or fix for these?

Cheers,

Bruce.

• Aerosoft
Hi all,

Having recently been playing with the old Hong Kong airport, Kia Tak I found that the AI aircraft head to the checker Board and at the last minute turn 47 Degrees to land on the main runway. Some of you may have seen this in David Marshalls wonderful Tips & Tricks Vol 23.

I was wondering is there going to be a change to the way the AI approach runway 05 at madeira airport as they over fly the mountain. This is not the correct procedure. They useually fly south of the airport and they turn in to the runway as it's not possible to fly over the mountain. Also is it possible that the control town can route you in to the runway as above instead of over the mountain too.

Has anyone got a solution or fix for these?

Cheers,

Bruce.

AI will not be able to fly approaches like that in FS2004, I do believe in FSx there area few more options for this.

Cheers Mathjiskok for the quick reply.

"AI will not be able to fly approaches like that in FS2004"

I maybe didn't explain myself very well. It has been done in FS2004.

"Now we all know that a normal approach is in a long, slow, straight line and there is no way to make the AI aircraft in FS act otherwise – right?

I am happy to report that Jim Vile (a true genius in my book) has proven us all wrong. Yes, he has figured out a way to have AI aircraft – even the “heavies” – correctly execute this unique and dangerous approach."

I have installed Kia Tac on my FS2004 and it looks great. Just thought you guy's might have known how to do it. Oh well I might have to take a crash course in AI and work it out....lol. Like thats ever going to happen.

Just my wish list for the Exellent Madeira Scenery.

Cheers,

Bruce.