Beaver and modern grey/silver 3d cockpit question

qballbandit

Hello,

It has been since the Beaver was first released that I was last here, and I remember way back then hearing of a way to get the 3d panel to point to the modern panel instead of the old dark panel. Can someone point me to that original link (if it still exists) or possibly explain how to achieve this?

I use the float version extensively, and this is the model I am interested in converting from old to new. I did a search on Beaver Panel and had like 79 hits but couldn't find this info.

Also, are there any other cool updates I have missed out on for this beauty?

Thanks to all,

Neil :D

Get the latest patches - the latest version has models with the modern VC.

Then it's only texturing...

You should have them in your aerosoft-shop account - 1.10, 1.50, 1.53.

Have fun!

Oren,

Hi, and thank you for responding, it's very much appreciated.

I feel rather ignorant, as I am lost around here and not sure where to navigate to at this point.

If I can bug you once more, where exactly do I need to go to get these patches? I assume those are version numbers you listed, but where do I logon to get them? I probably have an expired account there too, but if you can point me where to go, I will re-register if needed.

Thanks so much for your help and time.

Hello Neil,

Below is instructions on how to check for updates.

To get all information on your order, including your Registration Key, any available updates and the Download Link if active, use the following procedure:

1. Log on to the shop of purchase.

2. Select Your Account (top right hand side of the screen) using the email address you selected and your password

3. Now select Your Order Details & Downloads

4. You will now see all orders you done on the shop (sorted per date)

5. IMPORTANT: Select the order you want to get details on by clicking on the Order Date in the list to the left.

6.You will be presented with a screen with a download link if active, any updates and your Registration Key.

The download file you want for the Beaver should be

Aerosoft DH2 Beaver AO_BEA_153.zip

Shaun,

Thanks for all that Shaun. My challenge now i guess is to remember "the shop of purchase"...2 years ago is a long time!!! :oops:

I will do my best to find out whatever I can..

Appreciate your input,

Oren,

I go through spurts wiht the Beaver. I take a trip every July and August to northwest Ontario to fish. Each week I take one round trip ride on the Beaver, Otter, or sometimes a Cessna 185 to some of my favorite remote lakes. Whenever I come home, the first thing I want to do is fire up the Beaver and cruise around the bush, in and out of lakes.

The nice thing is the Bush Flying unlimited repaint I use on my Beaver amd Otter, plus some of their sceneries in Ontario and Alaska.

The plane in real life always amazes me - it is nothing but raw power!!!!

A testosterone thing I guess 8)

Thanks and you have fun too!

• Aerosoft
Oren,

I go through spurts wiht the Beaver. I take a trip every July and August to northwest Ontario to fish. Each week I take one round trip ride on the Beaver, Otter, or sometimes a Cessna 185 to some of my favorite remote lakes. Whenever I come home, the first thing I want to do is fire up the Beaver and cruise around the bush, in and out of lakes.

The nice thing is the Bush Flying unlimited repaint I use on my Beaver amd Otter, plus some of their sceneries in Ontario and Alaska.

The plane in real life always amazes me - it is nothing but raw power!!!!

A testosterone thing I guess 8)

Thanks and you have fun too!

Yep, at the time the Beaver was sold, there were not too many engines that would fit and deHaviland decided to get the one that they knew would work, the Wasp Junior. But it is seriously overpowered when the engine is new. As it gets older and pistons start leaking etc, you loose up to 20% of the horses. But that is all designed into the aircraft, it is not a race horse but a work horse.

But new and light, any take-off in a Beaver has great neck snapping G's and made more memorable by the vibrations and the sound effects. Fs will never get like that. The Beech 18 is the same btw, it is only 40% more heavy and has TWO of them.