Questions about Outdated routes

A couple of questions that result from my installing Navigraph cycle 1407.

When I do a "check" of the Database, I get a whole bunch of routes that have orange background colors in the Database Manager and some of those have little Triangle icons with an exclamation mark.

1. What does it mean that a route is orange? Is that route Outdated? What does Outdated mean?

2. Should I delete the routes with exclamation marks? Should I delete the Outdated routes?

3. Is there an easy way to delete the exclamation marked routes other than manually selecting all of them.

Thanks for explanations/help.

1. What does it mean that a route is orange? Is that route Outdated? What does Outdated mean?

Route non compliant with the installed AIRAC cycle.

2. Should I delete the routes with exclamation marks? Should I delete the Outdated routes?

It's really up to you. The wide range of routes will sometimes make it easier to plan a flight but basically the program doesn't need them. I personally don't have them since having made my own database.

3. Is there an easy way to delete the exclamation marked routes other than manually selecting all of them.

Here a nice quote from an older thread

To check route compliance manually you need to;

* Select the route manager from the main PFPX menu (Grey Globe Icon)

* Select Route Database from the menu that appears and the Route Database window will appear.

* Under the panel that has all the routes displayed make sure there is a tick in the checkbox, if there is no tick it will read "Select All", if there is a tick it will read Selected (number of routes)

* Click the Check button to the right, and it will begin to scan all the routes in the database.

* Once finished, click the radio button above the route panel to select "Outdated" and this will show all outdated routes.

* Now you can choose to Export, Backup or Delete those routes using the buttons next to "Check" button below the route panel.

olmo,

Thanks for the info but it's not exactly what I wanted. The thread you quoted doesn't tell how to easily delete the "exclamation" marked routes, it tells how to delete the outdated routes. I want to easily delete the routes that have an exclamation mark which are not valid.

Archived