Forum Maintenance Period (02/05 - 03/05) ×

Preparing update for Coast Guard

• Aerosoft

We are currently preparing an update (1.10) for Coast Guard. This one will fix one or two very smallish issues and will allow you to place the sinking yacht just like the other ships, making it a lot easier to create you own scenario.

If there are any open issues we do not know about, let me know here and I'll try to add them to this update.

The user manual references appendix E for a tutorial on the AFCS (which I can't get to work). I cannot find appendix E and would like to learn the system as there is noting in the manual on the AFCS use except button definitions. Thanks.

Bob..

• Aerosoft
The user manual references appendix E for a tutorial on the AFCS (which I can't get to work). I cannot find appendix E and would like to learn the system as there is noting in the manual on the AFCS use except button definitions. Thanks.

Bob..

Roger, I'll spend a few hours on that before releasing the update.

hi there guys

I have just got the jayhawk and love it thanks for doing it but one thing bugs me the the throttles on the roof move back and foward in the reat aircraft the throttles are push up to max for flight as helicopters engines run at 100% at all times is there any way to change this???

thanks

Craig

Im new to aerosoft and am seriously considering buying Coast Guard. My biggest concerns are that the CG version of the HH-60 doesnt have all the detail that the Seahawk/Boxer version does, and that it will be hard to generate missions for the Jawhawk.

Will it possible to place many more meshes beyond the sailing vessel with this update? Abacus has a Civil Air Patrol program that allows you randomly place rescue objects (people, planes, boats, etc) in a search region. Id really like to have this mission functionality, or something similar with the Jayhawk before I bought it. (maybe not as complex, but something to keep the missions fresh so i dont have to purchase both this and abacus' program). Will this update bring some of that to the Coast Guard addon?

If anyone could answer these questions Id appreciate it (I like the look of this addon, i really mean it, I would very much like to purchase it).

• Aerosoft
hi there guys

I have just got the jayhawk and love it thanks for doing it but one thing bugs me the the throttles on the roof move back and foward in the reat aircraft the throttles are push up to max for flight as helicopters engines run at 100% at all times is there any way to change this???

thanks

Craig

Helicopter engines do not run at 100% at all times. Why should they? You are right to think thrust (=lift) is not directly linked to the power output, but if a helicopter turbine certainly is controlled. In some helicopters manually, in some in more advanced ways.

Think of it this way. Say the helicopter is idling on the ground and the engine is running at 100% power output? Where would all this power go? Into spinning the rotorblades faster and faster? Into more noise? Into more heat? Afterall the power has to go somewhere!

• Aerosoft
Im new to aerosoft and am seriously considering buying Coast Guard. My biggest concerns are that the CG version of the HH-60 doesnt have all the detail that the Seahawk/Boxer version does, and that it will be hard to generate missions for the Jawhawk.

Will it possible to place many more meshes beyond the sailing vessel with this update? Abacus has a Civil Air Patrol program that allows you randomly place rescue objects (people, planes, boats, etc) in a search region. Id really like to have this mission functionality, or something similar with the Jayhawk before I bought it. (maybe not as complex, but something to keep the missions fresh so i dont have to purchase both this and abacus' program). Will this update bring some of that to the Coast Guard addon?

If anyone could answer these questions Id appreciate it (I like the look of this addon, i really mean it, I would very much like to purchase it).

The version that will be available tomorrow will allow you to position the ship and the sinking yacht where you want it (and as many copies as you like of course). But that's it. That is of course MORE then the Seahawk Boxer combination has, where the ship is placed by us. The Jayhawk itself is more complex then the Seahawk and the ship has more polygons per yard (but as it is a lot smaller it is not as hard on frames as the Boxer is).

If you are looking for a product like done by Abacus I am sorry we can not help you. This is based on a very different idea, where complexity and system simulation are more important. The Jayhawk is a LOT more complex then anything Abacus delivers. That is not a negative comment towards Abacus, they created the product for a very different market. The Jayhawk will have you spend a lot of time with the manual.

Thank you for answering my questions. I actually like the fact that the Jayhawk is so complex systems wise, and may purchse just to have this functionality. The Abacus program just lets you build random and varied missions. Perhaps I may combine the two, the idea of real piloting and systems management of the Jayhawk, plus missions seems like a nice challenge. At any rate Im very serious about the Jayhawk, love the package and idea, and will probably purchase in coming days.

Thank you again for your resposne.

Thank you for answering my questions. I actually like the fact that the Jayhawk is so complex systems wise, and may purchse just to have this functionality. The Abacus program just lets you build random and varied missions. Perhaps I may combine the two, the idea of real piloting and systems management of the Jayhawk, plus missions seems like a nice challenge. At any rate Im very serious about the Jayhawk, love the package and idea, and will probably purchase in coming days.

Thank you again for your resposne.

hi Mathijs

i have the real manel for the black hawk and i am helicopter pilot.

Yes the turbine helicopter has a govoner witch as you pull more pitch by lifting the collective puting more pitch on the blade the govoner feeds more fuel into the engine to keep the rotor rpm at 100% .

when you start a turbine the leaver on the roof in the seahawk/jayhawk you push the starter on the roof just infount off the fuel leavers and slowly move them to flight idle when the engines are both running at idle and warmed up you push both foward to flight runing the rrpm to 100% and the engine rpm to operating speeds.

after that they are not touched.

in a jetranger bell 206 this is done with the tiwst grip on the colective.

when on the ground at 100% the blades have a angle off attack off 0% meaning they are not generating any lift untill the colective is rasied and the AOA is increased = more lift.The engines drives a reduction gear box so the blade turn heaps slower than the engine.

helicopter engines say a pt6 witch is use on fix wing as well as helicopters has less time before maintance on the helicopter as it is run at near on 100% for its life.

now i think one just going on its the instuctor pilot in me sorry

if you want the manul for the backhawk witch i think is basicly the same to operate as the seahawk im happy to send as its on pdf

thaks for a cool helicopter again and ask me any thing hope i can help some how

Craig

• Aerosoft
hi Mathijs

i have the real manel for the black hawk and i am helicopter pilot.

Yes the turbine helicopter has a govoner witch as you pull more pitch by lifting the collective puting more pitch on the blade the govoner feeds more fuel into the engine to keep the rotor rpm at 100% .

when you start a turbine the leaver on the roof in the seahawk/jayhawk you push the starter on the roof just infount off the fuel leavers and slowly move them to flight idle when the engines are both running at idle and warmed up you push both foward to flight runing the rrpm to 100% and the engine rpm to operating speeds.

after that they are not touched.

in a jetranger bell 206 this is done with the tiwst grip on the colective.

when on the ground at 100% the blades have a angle off attack off 0% meaning they are not generating any lift untill the colective is rasied and the AOA is increased = more lift.The engines drives a reduction gear box so the blade turn heaps slower than the engine.

helicopter engines say a pt6 witch is use on fix wing as well as helicopters has less time before maintance on the helicopter as it is run at near on 100% for its life.

now i think one just going on its the instuctor pilot in me sorry

if you want the manul for the backhawk witch i think is basicly the same to operate as the seahawk im happy to send as its on pdf

thaks for a cool helicopter again and ask me any thing hope i can help some how

Craig

Okay, let me talk to some of the pilots who helped us with this product. If needed we'll redo that animation.

• 3 weeks later...

hi Mathijs

Hi there how did the chat go with you team on what i said about the operation of the throtles go ???

I have been enjoying flying it anyway but think that change would make the start up very real.

I have a pdf on the blackhawk flight manul if you want it you will have to send me your email as it is to big to post on here

thanks heaps

Craig

• Aerosoft
hi Mathijs

Hi there how did the chat go with you team on what i said about the operation of the throtles go ???

I have been enjoying flying it anyway but think that change would make the start up very real.

I have a pdf on the blackhawk flight manul if you want it you will have to send me your email as it is to big to post on here

thanks heaps

Craig

We will sure update this product to FSx and will have this fix. Not sure is we will do it for FS2004.

I like to see that PDF for sure, could you send it to info@aerosoft-shop.com (as long as that does not violates copyrights of course.)