Some more Scenery Priority

pinkoobose

Hallo,

I got a lot of help with scenery priority for the German scenery Aerosoft products that I have and hope to get. I have installed:

GAP 1,3,4

SG 1,2,3

RG 1,2,3

VFR Berlin

I hope to get SG4, and Mega FRA shortly (they are on order).

However I have the following issues - mostly because I dont understand the scenery setup and I am hoping for a simple solution. I now understand how the scenery should be installed or how the scenery library should be prioritised (Thanks a million Marco!)

In the "SELECT FLIGHTS" after loading up FS9, I get option for SG1, SG2, RG2, RG3 and VFR Berlin only.

In the scenery Library I get in the following order:

Berlin SC

Berlin LC

GAP_gmax_library

GA3_FS2004

GA3_FS2004_LC

Scenery Germany 2_SC

Scenery Germany 2_LC

Scenery Germany 2_Terrain

Germany 1

In my FS9 folder I have under in the FS9ADD-ON folder:

GA4_FS20004

GAP gmax Library

Germany1

Real Germany_2_N001

Real Germany_2_N002

Real Germany_2_N003

Real Germany_2_N004

Under the FS9AEROSOFT folder:

Berlin 2006 LC

Berlin 2006 SC

GA1_FS2004

GA3_FS2004

GA3_FS2004_LC

GAP_gmax_library

Real Germany1

Real Germany3

Scenery_Germany_2

Scenery_Germany_3_Traffic

Scenery_Germany_LC

Scenery_Germany_Terrain

I am trying to put into correct order the scenery library as recommended and hence the confusion.

Why are all the installed items not in the scenery library?

What do I need to do in order to ensure that they are, so that they can be placed in the right priority?

Please could somebody kindly help. I am really very passionate about flying in Germany and very eager to sort this out! Thanks.

Pinks

Hi Pinks!

If you wonder where the sceneries have been installed on your hd - don't!

FS knows where to look for them through the scenery.cfg. The location of the files has nothing to do with the priorities in FS; in fact they could be on a different HD, it wouldn't matter.

So I suggest not to move folders, you might spoil future necessary deinstallations or possible patches/updates might go wrong!

As to "select flights": I cannot check right now, because I'm in the office. But I think, there are simply no flights provided for the German Airports Series.

Marco,

Schoen Guten Tag und auch dass Sie da wieder sind!!!!

Thanks for your advice. I did not have any intention of moving things around - I would not dare!!!!! No, the reason why I wondered was because I was trying to set the priorities in the scenery library as you earlierr suggested, but got a little perplexed as all the sceneries did not show up. The fact that they are within the FS9 folder tells me (I think) that they have installed. I just dont know what to do regards setting the priorities, as all are not present. Any light/help you kindly shed would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Pinks

Ah, ok - I think I understand now.

The sceneries are installed, proven by the various folders, but from within FS, they do not show up in the Library. Is that correct?

Did you download the "Scenery Manager 2004" as I suggested earlier?

This would make things much easier.

Marco I have DLed Hans Hartmann's scm2004 but not had a chance to install just yet. Will do so. Are there any special instruction to follow in using this software. As I said I am totally inexperienced in this and may need some hand holding!! :)

Thanks for your patience!

Pinks.

Nothing special there with SCM.

When th program is installed and you run it, you will see all sceneries currently installed in your FS. The scenery with the highest number appears as Number 1 within FS!

Since you know already, which sceneries didn't get their entry in the scenery.cfg, you can add them yourself manually. Just click the "Add"-button, then point the "Local Path" to where the scenery is located. Use the folder symbol for easier navigation. After that, select a Scenery Title and "Move" the entry up or down, just as you need it.

Then "Save Changes", end SCM and you are good to go.

Marco,

I have started but not completely completed the scenery prioritising using SCM2004. It seems easy enough as you said - thats worries me as I hope I am doing things correctly!!! :? What I have noticed however, is that there are two entries: Scenery_Germany_LC, and Scenery_Germany_Terrain in my FS9AEROSOFT folder. (See above) Are these SG3 entries or some other?

Also RG2 has 4 entries N001 - N004. Would that be the right priority i.e. 1-4 in the Scenery Library or the other round (4-1).

Your advice much appreciated as usual!!

Pinks

Hi Pinks!

Priorities of RG2 N001-N004 don't matter, any one of them has to be the highest number in SCM with the others to follow. (But even if I'm wrong, you know by now how easy it is to "move" them with SCM. :wink: I'm sure about that RG has to be on top, but not exactly sure about the numbers, as I'm writing this from memory.)

Put Scenery_Germany_LC below the other Scenery_Germany entries (LC = landclass, information for FS what landscape to display, e.g. fields, forrests, cities, villages etc). Put Scenery_Germany_Terrain below LC. (Terrain is the elevation-information for the area.)

You are welcome, as always.

OK thanks again for all that. I will of course keep you posted. BTW I have gone ahead and ordered CR's VFR Airfields 1,2,3 and also downloaded VFR Free. I notice on their website they also have some mesh, and rivers for Germany. They do say one does not need these if one is using Lago or terramesh. Is there any added advantage/disadvantage using them with our really good (Aerosoft) stuff? :wink:

Pinks

The rivers are the same as in Scenery Germany - thanks to the "Lord of the rivers" Rainer Duda. You may try the mesh, won't do any harm, and I don't know if SG covers all of Germany.