A10 problems

I have just installed A10 and rebooted prior to starting FS2004 up. When I select the A10 evrything is fine until I hit 'fly now'. The programme won't progress beyond the 'front end' screen - with the window 'loading scenery objects'. It sits for a few minutes at 0% then the Windows 'Report Error' message appears. When I hit don't send the system restarts FS2004 automatically - restarting the cycle if I select the A10 - all other aircraft work without any problems.

I have updated to FS9.1, restored to original gps_export.dll, downloaded latest FSUICP and can't find fs9.cfg (even on a search it doesn't show up). Ive tried most of the fixes mentioned on the other A10 threads but no joy.

I'm running on XP Home 2002 with Service Pack 2 - AMD Semprom +3400 Processor 2.00 GHz - 992 Mb of RAM - VIA/S3G Unichrome Pro IGP display adaptor.

Any other thoughts?

Hello CC,

After doing some searching on the net it may be your onboard graphics.

The Video Processor you are using VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP what memory does it have as the recommended requirement for the A-10 is below I believe it uses between 16 to 64 megs of shared memory. If you are using onboard graphics this may not actually cope with the load as it seems like it is only allocated 32megs of memory as you stated you have 992 megs of memory available, 992 plus 32 = 1024 which is your 1 gig of onboard memory..

As the advised memory for the A-10 is a GPU with 128Mb, 512 Mb internal memory your system has'nt enough graphics memory for the graphics load by the sounds of it..

You may be able to change the memory allocation in the BIOS or with a software configuration utility, you would have to read any manuals that came with your mother board or system, or you could purchase a graphics card that is capable of running the programs you require.

If you have access to a graphics card that may be able to run graphics intensive software then you might want to try this first, as I dont think your onboard graphics chipset is really upto FS9 and its loads..

Shaun,

Thanks for this, I appreciate your time. I've been talking to the guy who built the system for me and he says that it probably is a graphichs card problem. So I'm in the process of buying one. I'll let you know how I go on after I fitted it.

Thanks again,

CC

I am encountering same problem as Capt Canary. I have had A-10 sim for over a year, running on FS2004 Pentium Media XP. Went to fly and get same error as CptCanary. Deleted and reinstalled entire program , same exact problem. Every other aircraft including numerous Capt Sim, Perfect Flight add-ons work perfectly, as did A-10 couple months ago. Please help.

SS

Hello SS,

You said your A-10 worked a couple of months ago but has now failed. Therefore something must have changed and caused this problem. Have you tried re-installing the gps_export.dll from the FS9 cds as this is the main cause.

Also there was a known problem with loading the A-10 after a Certain Capt Sim aircraft had been flown in FS9.

Shaun,

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think I have a specific sound card fitted - just PC sound I think. Will I need a sound card as well? And how come every other aircraft does the business and the A10 don't want to fly with the set up I have? I'm a bit of a cyber ludite, but i'm learning. :D

Cheers,

CC

Hello CC,

Is the same happening start FS9 then load the default flight then load the A-10 and it just crashes out.

I know this may sound a bit silly but can you try changing the weather scheme to something other that what it is and load the A-10.

SHaun,

Any more ideas - I'm starting to loose the will to live on this now. I've completely unistalled all programmes, reinstalled, re-done all of the things mentioned so far on this thread and still no luck. Could it be a problem with the data on the disc?

CC :?

Hello CC,

FS9 should start in Safe Mode, you need to answer the 2 boxes correctly and then wait even if it says its not responding, eventually it should load. The idea of this is to make sure that no drivers or programs are causing FS9 to crash when you load the A-10 in straight after the Cessna.