How to import a flight plan into PFPX

I made a few flight plans and exported them into a folder.( saved as .rte ) In the meantime I unfortunately deleted the plans showing in the PFPX windows and

now I try to import them back to PFPX in order to edit the plan.

All my attempts failed and therefore I wonder if anybody can help.

Herbert30

Hi, Herbert. I think the proper way would be to open PFPX and then go to the Route Manager, which is one of the symbols at the top. Two main options. Route Database, where you can import routes via a special format (which may not help you with your .rte files) and Route Editor, where you also create new routes. Pick the latter and just copy and paste the route string.

You can get that with opening the .rte files with another addon or clicking the file and selecting Notepad to open it. The waypoints will then show up in plain text, which can then be pasted into the Route Editor in PFPX. Edited. Opps, I just saw that rt2 files offer plain text while rte (without '2') adds more info and therefore a need to edit. :unsure:

Another way would be to convert your current routes in the csv format which can be read directly by PFPX. Well, in short, make sure to save your routes within PFPX when you create them. Maybe you already did that and the Route Database shows them. Just browse it by entering the departure airport for example.

Commonly used routes with the full route string can also be found at Vatroute or Simroutes. Maybe they match your self-generates ones and you can make use of the mentioned copy&paste method.

Archived