Seahawk flight

squadros

Hi folks,

I am trying the London flight with my new Seahawk, and I am having some problems. When I load the flight, the engine is already started, which is good. (I was never able to get it started on previous flights, following the checklist. After APU is running and etc., I push the collective to 30% and wait, wait, wait, and the TRQ bars don't move at all....)

Well, the problem is that I can't manage to turn on neither the Radio Control Unit nor the CDU. It is funny: when I try from cold and dark, I can't manage to start the engines but the RCU and CDU work fine. Now that I have the engine started, they are dead... And YES, I have read the manual many times! Any help?

Thanks,

Sérgio

Thanks Shaun, the displays are fine now. I noticed that I had all my displays blank (OAT, Flight Calculator, you name it...), on every aircraft and even outside FS. Some problem with my system, I guess. Strange one, though...

But I still can't manage to start the engine... I will try your suggestion, but I think I did it before. I have many addons, and got used to start with the default flight.

Cheers,

Sérgio

OK, I manage to start the bird. It turns out that you must open not only the fuel ([ctrl]+[shift]+[F4]), but also the "propeller" ([ctrl]+[F4]). Then, keeping the collective at 30% really starts the TRQ and advances RPM. Well, it was not written, and my default flight has everything off, including the propeller governor.

BTW, what is modeled by the propeller governor in this chopper? Collective and thrust are linked to the throttle lever, as says the manual (auto throttle), but the propeller governor was never mentioned.

Cheers,

Sérgio

Hello Sérgio,

Try removing the Quartzs font from the fonts folder of FS9 or your Windows system to a safe place, reboot the computer then replace then back in the fonts folders.