First Impressions (and request)

While I have not used the program as much as I would like to have I'm quite pleased with what I've seen and it lives up to what I expected. One flight I managed to fly with the PMDG 737 was within 100lbs of the fuel figures (well until I stuck out the speed brake because it wanted extra drag and I left them out too long).

I find however that it sometimes wants give a DCT route when there is an ATS route already. For example I got WELIN DCT TNT when in fact airways UT420 joins the pair up. On playing around I got the direct route if the "No Directs" box was not ticked and I got the airways routing if the box was ticked.

In such cases I believe that the airways should be shown and not a direct routing. I would like to suggest that perhaps there is another option put in the advance menu. That is one of minimum directs so that it computes an airways routing for all it can but gives a dct route if it was unable to find a route at all between your airports. An example would be to help routing over Irish airspace to the NAT tracks.

I would ask that the program allows the users to change the colours on the maps. I find it is hard to see the route lines as the colour is similar to the background.

Overall an excellent program scoring 9 1/2 out of 10 for me anyway.

Archived