Setting gate assignments in PFPX to be sent to FSX

Maybe more of an FSX question than a PFPX question but I can't figure out how to include a gate assignment in my PFPX plan that will then be included in the .pln plan that is exported to FSX. When I export the plan and FSX opens in "free flight" and I load the plan it places the AC on the assigned runway. If I then select a gate I have to have FSX "find route" before I can continue but the route FSX assigns is not the PFPX route. When I normally create a route using FS9 the gate assignment is automatically included in the export.

I'm probably missing something simple but has be frustrated. RWP and have been simming for over 20 years but this has me flummoxed.

But don't you load the .pln through the free flight menu? Should I be loading the .rte plan somewhere? i know that is what shows up when I use "company route" in the fmc. Don't understand your previous post.

But don't you load the .pln through the free flight menu? Should I be loading the .rte plan somewhere? i know that is what shows up when I use "company route" in the fmc. Don't understand your previous post.

You can also load a route through the menu bar at the top of the screen after loading up a flight. In any case I think even when loading a route from the free flight screen FS will ask you whether to move the plane to the departure airport. When it does, just click 'no' and choose your starting point manually.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, I do load the plan through the free flight menu and I can also load the company route in the FMC. Problem is placing the AC at the proper gate. I think Frank had the answer earlier in the thread. Thanks to all.

Jeff

Archived