Flicker problem

abaris

OK, first of all I have read through all the flicker threads the search machine was able to provide. Problem is, that the specific problem is only scratched at the surface so far.

I recently have built a new system (Athlon 64 3700+. 2048 DDR in dual channel on an Abit Sli board, Geforce 7800 GTX 256) and I'm taking megascenery, GAP and CDG as examples because they are Aerosoft products. The further away taxiways flicker like hell. The same happens to the fly Tampa product line, so I guess, that both product lines must have something in common - at least when Geforce cards are concerned.

My fs settings are maxed out at a resolution of 1280 x 1024/32 and my card settings are 4x Antialiasing, 8 x VS.

Now I also read through some other boards, that this seems to be also a specific Geforce problem. And I may add, that I didn't have that kind of problem with my old rig and an AGP Radeon X800Pro.

Maybe someone could shine some new light on the problem.

Hello Abaris,

I left a hyperlink to a set of different textures on this thread here. Maybe you could download them and try them. Also you may want to see if there are updated drivers for your card.

I strongly believe its a graphics card issue as the textures work fine on my ATI X800SE also and it seems to be the Geforce 7800 that has this problem most!! I could be wrong but from the statistics it looks that way.

Thanks, SAF. I already installed the replacements for Frankfurt and they do the trick. You, at aerosoft might think about replacement textures for the GAP series and CDG also. Or tell folks like me, which textures to replace and which format to use for the replacements.

I'm running the latest nvidia drivers allthough I have tried 77.77 also cause someone over at the nvidia board was recommending them.