F1 key causes FSX to close.

jonesrob

• Developer

But the AES Window is open, when you Press F1?

Maybe you have another addon, which use F1 and has assigned the Close.

AES could not generate this.

But the AES Window is open, when you Press F1?

Maybe you have another addon, which use F1 and has assigned the Close.

AES could not generate this.

Thanks for replying Oliver. AES is open, everything works normally until pushback. Obviously a conflict somewhere, I'll do some testing. If I come up with an answer I'll post back :) .

Try what happens, when the AES Window is closed and you press F1?

If the FS close too, there is something else involved.

If I disable AES and press F1 or F2 (it happens with both) all is ok. With AES enabled the sim has a fatal error and shuts down. This is after the final F1/F2 to pushback left or right, although once the sim shut down immediately after loading the flight.

I should add that this is a fresh FSX installation (although it happened with the last one), and the only addons are Aerosoft Airbus X, Aerosoft LXGB, LEBL and LFBO, UK2000 EGLL and EGKK.

Redownload the actual installer (2.24) and run it again, maybe there is a old modules somewhere.

New installer downloaded but still the same. I've tried at LFBO but the same result. It's always the final step, F1 or F2 to begin push back. All other F1/2 keypresses work as they should. I've deleted the standard FSX F1 keypress to shut down engines in case that had anything to do with it but it obviously hasn't.

FIXED.

Thank you for the responses. I was getting a Fatal Error with option to restart, and FSX would freeze.

The fix: I was undocking AES and dragging it to my second monitor. If I leave it on the main monitor and use it from there, everything works fine.

Sorry to have bothered you with this: I had assumed using the second monitor wouldn't cause a problem, but obviously it does. A simple fix for a problem that's been with me for months, but I wonder why no-one else has had it?

Kind regards,

Rob.

• Developer

Ok, please check the docu and files of AESremote, which you find in the <FS>\Aerosoft\AES\AESremote subfolder.

Maybe that can help to use the Window on the other Monitor. As IP Adress enter 127.0.0.1 in AESRemote.

Ok, please check the docu and files of AESremote, which you find in the <FS>\Aerosoft\AES\AESremote subfolder.

Maybe that can help to use the Window on the other Monitor. As IP Adress enter 127.0.0.1 in AESRemote.

I'll try that later, Oliver. I'm flying now Toulouse-Barcelona in Airbus X and all is well.

AESRemote is working very well on the second monitor, following your instructions, thank you

A little glitch, because I was fiddling around, is that I expanded it to full screen and now I can't minimise it or move it! How can I do that? The menu bar doesn't show at the top.

• Developer

You talk about Windowsize of AESRemote? There are 4 Buttons in the left upper corner of the AESremote Window to resize it. Press the left of them.

You talk about Windowsize of AESRemote? There are 4 Buttons in the left upper corner of the AESremote Window to resize it. Press the left of them.

The buttons aren't showing, they are out of sight at the top of the screen.

Edit: fixed, although I don't know how...

Archived