2 simple questions about using AES and GSX together

rsm2000e

Hello All!

I think AES is a wonderful product - i have a question and need help:

At an AES airport that I purchased and activated, I have reconfigured the AES airplane setup so only the left front door is active in AES. My purpose? To use AES to animate the Jetway - and GSX for the other ground services.

I am using this at KSFO, but I also have other purchased AES airports as well...

My issue:

I can NOT figure how to 'retract' the AES Jetway after I use a different product (GSX) to deboard or board the plane? Does the jetway automatically retract somehow? I am not sure of what to do? Should I place the chocks and then remove them - would that cause the jetway to retract? I cannot see any way to 'program' AES to operate the Jetway using keystrokes or assigning a joystick key. I would greatly love to learn how to retract the jetway in AES without using any other services like board plane or reset position. RESET is not realistic. I think the jetway starts to reattach to the plane after reset position is activated in AES? So I am confused...

GSX will not let me start the engines until the pushback has commenced. I don't want to start pushing back with the Jetway attached to the airplane... call me crazy...

SECOND QUESTION:

Can I turn off (disable) the noise made when the Jetway is active (moving)? I prefer no noise - even though RW may be different...

Thank you in advance for any advice!

RSM

I can only answer the first question. The second probably just needs a delete of a certain sound file, but I am not sure which one at the moment. For question 1, when you are ready to push, to activate the jetway, just open up the AES window and select "Prepare for pushback and departure" then just select "No, I don't need pushback". You'll get the AES audio still, but you'll just have to ignore it. Fortunately, it won't push you, but will retract the jetway so you can use GSX push.

Another issue you'll run into using AES and GSX together is GSX can't read the position of AES jetways. As a result, you may get a stairway driving through the jetway to reach the front door. You'll have to customize your parking spot and tell GSX you have a jetway.

Archived