Catalina X xml File Error

Lawgiver

Hello Everyone,

After a clean install of FSX, I was re-installing my aircraft. After the Cat X was installed, I received the following error: "ERROR with edit FSCatagories.xml..the Mission is not available." I was using the 1.20 full installer version. Was there ever a solution for this error?? I have found 2 threads regarding this error, however they are both locked and unresolved. I really would like to have the missions if possible. I do still have the previous versions with their updates from Aerosoft if the 1.20 installer isn't working correctly. Thankfully the installer apparently made a backup of the xml file before the Cat was installed. I was surprised to see it in the same folder. If need be, I can uninstall the Cat and restore the previous xml file. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Shaun,

It has been 5 days. Just wondering if you have any further suggestions for this error?? I still haven't done anything with the AC. According to one of the other threads, if I uninstall the Cat, the xml file will be ruined. But, I do have a backup file if thats what I need to do. Thanks.

Regards,

Rob

Hi Shaun,

It has been 5 days. Just wondering if you have any further suggestions for this error?? I still haven't done anything with the AC. According to one of the other threads, if I uninstall the Cat, the xml file will be ruined. But, I do have a backup file if thats what I need to do. Thanks.

Regards,

Rob

Hello Rob,

Not heard of it being ruined by un-installing.