My Traffic 2010 updating question

MRBIG

I bought My Traffic 2010 (box version) Cd version 1.0 some time ago. I am very inexperienced on how to upgrade my AI traffic. My schedules and airline liveries are way out of date. Some airlines that folded are still at airports (Northwest - America west) Do I have to buy an all new CD to get 2012 realistic traffic? Or can I get free updates? My traffic manager only shows "2009 schedules" in the drop down. Can I get 2011 and get it in their somehow?

I am frusturated looking at forums, not seeing any simple answers. I do notice forum posts talking about version 5.3, 5.4, "pro"? The omline stores show a box that looks exactly like mine & doesn't tell me anything about what version it it.

This only confuses me more. Please help!

MT2010 and MTX are the same thing, right?

Hi Mr Big, B)

MyTraffic 2010 is almost what it says on the box... - a 2010 version reflecting the 2009 air traffic. There is an "old" minor update available regarding some military traffic but apart from that no updates for this product should be expected as it does what it is supposed to.

The 5.x version numbers are related to another product of the same developer called MyTraffic X. I never really understood what the differences between MyTrafficX and MyTraffic2010 were as my German and English are probably not good enough to filter relevant information from Aerosoft's product descriptions.

Some updates of MyTraffic X in the past were for free or at marginal costs (10€) for an exchange disc, upgrades - major reworks - were offered at a discount to owners of an older version of MyTrafficX (maybe also MyTraffic 2010 - you should ask the support directly!)

Hope this helps a little!

• 3 months later...

I noticed in the instruction manual that it mentions a update for Air Traffic Control sound updates (An ATC sound file) that is suppose to prompt for install when installing My Traffic X.

However, I never got any such prompt to install this update. Reading further I noticed a mention of using "My Traffic Configuration" to install this fix/update; but when looking at this included application, I did not see any link to download this mentioned sound file.

I am sure I am misunderstanding something here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love My traffic X, but cannot help but to notice that Air Traffic Control wil have no call signs for some aircraft. hope you can lead me in the right direction to get this fixed. Thanks so much!

I noticed in the instruction manual that it mentions a update for Air Traffic Control sound updates (An ATC sound file) that is suppose to prompt for install when installing My Traffic X.

However, I never got any such prompt to install this update. Reading further I noticed a mention of using "My Traffic Configuration" to install this fix/update; but when looking at this included application, I did not see any link to download this mentioned sound file.

I am sure I am misunderstanding something here. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I love My traffic X, but cannot help but to notice that Air Traffic Control wil have no call signs for some aircraft. hope you can lead me in the right direction to get this fixed. Thanks so much!

I replied to your other post regarding this.

• Upvote 1

I bought My Traffic 2010 (box version) Cd version 1.0 some time ago. I am very inexperienced on how to upgrade my AI traffic. My schedules and airline liveries are way out of date. Some airlines that folded are still at airports (Northwest - America west) Do I have to buy an all new CD to get 2012 realistic traffic? Or can I get free updates? My traffic manager only shows "2009 schedules" in the drop down. Can I get 2011 and get it in their somehow?

I am frusturated looking at forums, not seeing any simple answers. I do notice forum posts talking about version 5.3, 5.4, "pro"? The omline stores show a box that looks exactly like mine & doesn't tell me anything about what version it it.

This only confuses me more. Please help!

MT2010 and MTX are the same thing, right?

The updates you mention are for the old version.

There is however a patch for your version in the Updates Section at www.aerosoft.com

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

The updates you mention are for the old version.

There is however a patch for your version in the Updates Section at www.aerosoft.com

Yes, i got the patch installed to update Military Priority and so forth. Thanks. I added more on the "No ATC call signs" on the other post.