A number of Piper Cheyenne issues...

Air vandalay

I'm hoping someone out there can help,..I just purchased & downloaded the DA Piper Cheyenne,..the installalation appeared to be OK, but I can't find it when I open FSX.. the only way I can access the aircraft is by the "publisher" dropdown menu in the aircraft section..and then it only loads the "IFR version" when it appears in VC mode, all seems OK except for the windows being "blacked out"..things appear better in 2D mode, except for the GPS doesn't engage in "Nav hold". Yes I have installed both SP1 & SP2..

So where did I go wrong?..did I install it in the wrong folder? (FSX main)...

Hello;

Where do you have Fsx instaled,what tyoe of operating system do you have,did you try to install the program as the administrator,and when you run the Piper Cheyenne program,it should locate Fsx,and install in the appropiate place.I'm not sure if you have to activate it in the Aerosoft Launcher?,can't remember.Check your Fsx folder,you should have a Digital Aviation folder,and in there should be the Piper Cheyennne folder,also go to your Sim Objects folder,and make sure that there are the folders for the aircraft.In this aircraft,you need to load a flight plan,it shows up in the weather radar screen.You need a flight plan loaded,before you can try any of the features.Read throught the manual,it gives you all the useful information you need.Did you install the SDK's?,I see that you have installed SP1 and SP2,there is an SDK1,1A,and SDK2.

If you don't have the right SDK installed,for the version of Fsx you are using,some add-on aircraft will not work correctly,and the display is also messed up.

Mark

Hello Air Vandalay,

Please make sure that you have "Show all Variations" checked in FSX as for the plane read the manuals carefully and then do the Trimble First flight.

Certain criteria have to be met before certain systems function correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello;

When you installed the SDK's,you installed SDK1,then SDK1a,than SDK2,after you install the newer version,it removes the old one,as for the SP's,if you have Fsx Acceleration installed,SP2 is already installed.,if not,you need to install SP1,than SP2.

Mark