DHC-6 TwinOtterX_V120 - Cockpit reflections

claude217

GoodDay, I am unable to find the correct solution to make the Cockpit Reflection disappeared, read forum and manual.

Any solutions would be appreciated, it does make a little harder to clearly have a good look over the cockpit panel specially on approach.

Claude217

GoodDay, I am unable to find the correct solution to make the Cockpit Reflection disappeared, read forum and manual.

Any solutions would be appreciated, it does make a little harder to clearly have a good look over the cockpit panel specially on approach.

Claude217

Can you please attach a screenshot of what your seeing so we can better understand the problem.

Can you please attach a screenshot of what your seeing so we can better understand the problem.

AerosoftDHC6Reflection-2.jpg

AerosoftDHC6Reflection-1.jpg

AerosoftDHC6Reflection.jpg

as you can see, only in vc mode, white marking going across the top part and one dark square.

check varios .cfg files and could not find how to correct, did (quite a few times) uninstalled and re-installed, still there.

thanks for the reply.

at CanadianXPress, CXA924, we do a lot of VFR specially friday and sunday nites on very short fields, the DHC6 is perfect for these types of flight.

thanks again

Claude Joannette

joanncc@hotmail.com

Guest Hodge001

Hi Claude

I seem to remember that there was a modified file at one time for the VC reflections, but then again my memory is not my strong suit, I do however have a version of my own that has the reflections vastly reduced to the point of not being visable unless you look really closely, so if you wan to try the texture out I have sent you a PM with a download link for the files and instructions, I didn’t send them directly using your E-Mail address that you included in your post, which is not a thing that you should do to often as one day you could end up with at best a sudden increase in spam mail.

I hope it's of some help.

Jim Hodkinson

post-9108-0-56445500-1318401754_thumb.jp

post-9108-0-28788700-1318401765_thumb.jp

Tks, did reply to your email. Changed the dds files on all DHC6 texture folders and you are right, it did improve the vision but not completely disappeared.

Also, on most of the FSX airplanes, under textures there is a "ac type_reflections.dds" file and if you removed that file, the glass reflections totally disappeared. For the ones that uses FSX aircraft it would be a real improvement in VC.

Tks again for you response and help.

Claude Joannette

CanadianXPress (va)

Guest Hodge001

Hi Claude

Glad to hear that you found a solution to the issue you were having, as for the stand alone reflection texture on some aircraft, I think it really depends on the creator of the model, some use that type of method for their reflective textures and some prefer to use an actual texture sheet to provide it, different strokes, different folks I guess, but either way at least you ended up with something close to the result you were after and that’s what counts.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

• 3 months later...

Hi Claude

I seem to remember that there was a modified file at one time for the VC reflections, but then again my memory is not my strong suit, I do however have a version of my own that has the reflections vastly reduced to the point of not being visable unless you look really closely, so if you wan to try the texture out I have sent you a PM with a download link for the files and instructions, I didn’t send them directly using your E-Mail address that you included in your post, which is not a thing that you should do to often as one day you could end up with at best a sudden increase in spam mail.

I hope it's of some help.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi Jim,

Can you send me please the new reflection reduced textures?

I tried to fly through clouds, and the reflections are really annoying.

I wonder why the textures are not posted in a sticky for the DHC 6 users. This thing should be fixed altogether.

Thanks a lot.

Hi claude217. I too am having this reflection as I have just purchased this aircraft today and at first thought maybe it was part and parcel of the package. But reading these posts, it does not seem so. Hence, can I please have that file too? Thanks.

I'd LOVE to get that as well!!!!!

Thanks, Flyguy1