airport settings

jptiger

hey folks.

i recently used airport design editor to edit EHHV (hilversum airport, netherlands) (FSX)

i added the file to the mytraffic scenery and it now shows correctly in game.

all default assigned general aviation planes are working correctly.

the airport now has some gates/ramps and cargo spots. and a 1500meter runway.

however, it seems impossible to edit the airport settings. (number of hard/soft runways and there max length. ramps/gates/cargo).

i found i am able to edit this with the myairports.bat file in the mytraffic/plans folder. but it doesn't work.

how can i import this file into the current database and make sure the airport had a 150o0meter hard runway.

for the AI traffic to use.

i already assigned some schedules to the airport (mainly commuter planes(fokker 50's for example) but nothing shows up.

what can do to make larger planes land on a edited airport

thanks in advance

(sorry for the terrible grammar :')

Hello;

What was wrong with the airport before you had to edit it,also if you have My Traffic X installed,just go to your sMy Traffic X,scenery folder,and look for the BGL for the airport,remove the BGL,and name it what ever the name of the airport is,and save it.

Mark

there was nothing wrong with the airport. i just wanted a better one for my hometown.

i already deleted the BR2_EHHV.bgl and replaced it with BR2_EHHS.bgl.

i imported airports .txt but nothing, do i first have to import some files with traffictoolbox

(sorry for the dubble post)

Hello;

You don't need to mess with the traffic toolbox,all the items are in your traffic-scenery folder,those are the bgl's you want to rename,as for importing bgl's,those probably should go in your add-on scenery folder?,I'm confused,but hopefully this may help.

Mark

i figured it out. i manged to correct the runway and gates etc.

i created a new airline with ehhv as hub and assigned new planes. but. i made schedules and let it auto generate. still nothing shows up

i figured it out. i manged to correct the runway and gates etc.

i created a new airline with ehhv as hub and assigned new planes. but. i made schedules and let it auto generate. still nothing shows up

The MyTraffic Editor is a very complex tool and you need to thoroughly read and learn about it to use it confidently.